Chapter Twelve

Shido and origami were currently travelling to the beach in a bus. Origami, who was sitting beside him, had her arms wrapped around him in a tight hug, refusing to even budge despite all his requests. Shido merely sighed and mentally chuckled at her actions. Still, it wasn't like he was complaining. Origami wrapping her arms around him and hugging him wasn't something that he minded but instead was ecstatic over.

        Soon , the bus came to a screeching halt as they reached their destination. Shido got up and stretched out his hand towards origami. Origami, who was slightly surprised by this action, took a moment but soon had her usual calm expression back as she got up and held hands with Shido while getting off the bus.

       After getting on the beach, Shido turned to origami and asked, " So what do you want to do, Origami ? Should we stroll for a while or should we go for a swim first ? " Origami pondered over it for a while but then said,
" Can we swim afterwards ? I want to enjoy the scenery here . " Shido nodded to her as both of them walked along the beach while holding hands. Origami wasn't kidding when she said that she wanted to enjoy the scenery. The hills in the distance, the boats near the horizon, seemingly about to fall off the edge of the world and the gentle afternoon breeze that skimmed gracefully on the surface of the water which gleamed like a crystal under the rays of the sun. Truly, it was as scenic as it could get.

           Of course, for Shido none of this mattered. He simply kept staring at the face of origami, which now held eyes filled with wonder despite her usual expressionless look. This was his utopia. Not gem filled caves nor chests filled with divine weapons, No. This was all he wished for. The happiness of his family. Was he a sinner to wish for that ? He didn't know. Even after 130 years , he didn't know the answer to the question. However, if the answer was yes, then he would happily be branded as such for eternity ; as long as it came at the cost of his family's happiness.

         His thoughts were interrupted when origami turned to him with a questioning look as she asked, " Why are you staring at me ? " Had it been anyone else, he could have bullshited his way out of it, but not with origami, the master stalker. So he decided to reply honestly and asked in turn , " What ? Is it wrong for me to stare at my girlfriend ? "  Origami shook her head and said, " No , but you don't usually do that . "  Shido sighed and said, " Well yes , but I still do like to indulge myself from time to time. And I do really think that you look cute. "

        Contrary to her usual self, origami had a slight blush on her face after hearing Shido's response. She pretended ( or at least tried to ) that she wasn't affected and asked in her usual monotone voice, " So do you think I'm the cutest ? "  Shido stepped back and folded his arms as he had a look of deep contemplation. It was one of the few moments when he didn't have an answer to a query right away, which was extremely rare, considering that he had
( almost ) all of the Cosmos's knowledge.

      After a few seconds had passed, he pulled his hair in frustration and nearly screamed , " Argh, it's nothing like that ! I find all of you cute ! But I don't love any one of you more than the other, but at that same time each of you are special to me ! " Origami inched closer to him and said, " Then why did you have to think for exactly 4.675 seconds to answer ? " This time however, Shido's response was quick as he said, " Because I couldn't find the right words to express myself. In case you don't remember, I only had one ' Friend ' in my entire academic life. And except for Tonomachi, I'm pretty much a loner. So I do have trouble expressing myself at times, especially to you girls. "

         Origami pondered over it for a while, before replying by saying, " Alright. Your answer is satisfactory. But if I can't qualify for the cutest, I'll ensure that you select me for the sexiest among all of them. " Shido sighed as he simply said, " Please don't. "  In a rare instance, origami chuckled softly as she ran ahead of him and went ahead until her feet were fully submerged in water.