Chapter Nine

A young man stood in a large room. The room , or more appropriately , rather going by its size the hall seemed to be dimly lit, with a single lamp illuminating the spot in front of the man. On the ground in front of him, were inscribed some strange symbols in a circular manner. He let some blood drop from his hand on the circle. He then chanted , " From the darkness, I call out to you. As decreed by the Ancient Covenant, my soul shall be thine and thy strength shall be mine. Fulfill my desires , O wish granter , and arise from the depths ! Arise as I call out to you ! Come forth and shatter the laws of Providence and Fate ! "

           A blinding red light shone from the circle as soon as the boy finished chanting. As the light dissipated, it revealed a woman with bright red hair. The woman carried a rapier on a belt tied to her waist. Her clothes could only be described as ' revealing ' . She had a beautiful face and body that most men would happily die for. However, those wise would easily know that this woman could be their doom as there was a sense of danger lurking around her , like a predator ready to pounce on its prey at any moment.

          The boy had an ecstatic expression on his face after seeing the woman and he cheered and screamed as he said, " I did it ! I did it ! I succeed in the demon summoning ritual ! " The red headed woman merely smiled on seeing this. She was surprised that she was summoned in a dimension this far away from hell , yet her summoner was just a inexperienced low level Magus , a young boy on top of that. Well, she wasn't complaining, considering that it made tricking him just more easier. Just a simple charm spell, and he would be at her feet like a pet dog. Thousands of humans before had been the same , how was he going to be any different ? And while certainly, the summoning contract prevented a demon from actively harming the summoner , nothing prevented them from taking their soul if they willingly handed it over to them . The boy wasn't bad looking too, so maybe she could have some fun with him , before his eventual death.

       The woman smiled and said, " My name is Lenora, a demoness from hell. May I ask the name of the one who has summoned me ? " The boy took a deep breath, seemingly to calm his excitement. He then said, " Yes ! My name is Shido Itsuka. I have summoned you here to fulfill my wish. " The woman smirked and said, " Oh ? To think that such a young Magus would be able to summon me , a true demon rather than an inferior devil for wish fulfillment. How truly fascinating.  " And this was certainly true. Lenora herself was surprised when this young seemingly weak human had managed to summon a demon like her rather than a devil. Devils were descendants of demons and by nature , were weaker than demons. And while she herself was only a low ranking demon , the weakest on the hierarchy of hell, she was strong enough to go toe to toe against what the devils called ' Middle class Devils '.

        Regardless of this , the boy scratched his head in embarrassment and said, " Yeah , I myself was surprised by this. I was hoping to summon something different, but I unexpectedly summoned you. " Lenora leaned closer to his face and said in a mock hurt tone , " Oh ? Am I not satisfactory for you ; Master ? ~ "  The boy turned the other way , most likely embarrassed by her actions.

         Lenora chuckled slightly and stepped back. As the boy turned to her, she said in a lax tone , " That aside, I think we should get to business. Just to remind you, as per the contract, I'll fulfill your requests, and in exchange I'll require souls as payment for strength, either your , or from someone else. And of course, there are limitations, some obvious like , no resurrecting dead individuals ( which was something that even gods couldn't easily do since after a soul is separated from the body and enters the collective unconscious, nothing can be done. ) , to the less obvious like to no incidents causing large scale loss of human life due to the peace pact between Heaven and Hell. Not that you'll understand, so don't worry about it. "