Chapter Fourteen

( AN : Before you begin, a small note. The chapter's last part features a soft crossover with WinterWander's book. I'll give you a basic , bland summary and you can pretty much understand most of it without reading the book ( though I'd suggest reading it, it's amazing. ) Ariel and Lucy are mother and daughter who are the queen and princess of the Kingdom of Selkies ( basically seals who can turn into human ) Ariel hates the protagonist of the book, who is her stepson and half human and blames him for everything ( even though it was totally Loki's fault. And since she tried to kill him, Rhadamanthus is now pissed and going to get revenge. That's about all you need to know. Oh and secondly, the chapter is pretty messed up, as if the last chapter wasn't enough..... Look, I'm sorry, but I need to establish Rhadamanthus's charecter. I wonder if I'll ever make a chapter without any deaths ? )

Location : Itsuka residence
Time : Early Morning

Shido was currently in the kitchen humming a tone as he chopped vegetables for breakfast and the lunchboxes. The television was still on as it showed the news. The anchor spoke in a professional manner as he said " Last night, a large scale forest fire broke out in the Aokigahara Forest in the Yamanashi Prefecture. The fire has devastated a large portion of the forest , however, luckily it seems that no lives were lost as no bodies were found. It is speculated that the fire was caused by campers as the workers from the fire department found buried in the rubble, multiple metallic skewers. The authorities repo- " Before the segment could be completed, Shido had already switched off the TV. He smiled in satisfaction, as he had gotten confirmation of his work.

However, despite his recent success, he had things to worry about. For example, today's date with Natsumi and kurumi. Sure , he had booked the tickets for the event at night for Kurumi, but he was clueless with natsumi. She was extremely uncomfortable in those formal sort of events so he figured it was better to just ask her where she wanted to go. Besides that, he also had to supervise the plant at night. Sure, the production process was working just fine but he at least wanted to give one personal visit and supervise the entire process.

After Shido had finished preparing and serving the breakfast, he turned to natsumi who was nibbling on her toast and asked ,
" Say , Natsumi ? Can you please suggest where we should go for our date today ? I do have a few spots in mind, but I do wish to hear your opinion too. " Natsumi was caught off guard by the question and hence was flustered because of it. She began to panic but calmed down when yoshino placed a hand on her shoulder, to calm her down, reassuring her friend that she was with her.

Natsumi took a deep breath and said,
" Well, um , can we just have a walk in the park and then go to the arcade ? I know that you may have already visited those places and may be bored by them but I'm only comfortable there . Of course we can go somewhere else too ! I really don't want to - " She was cut off when Shido placed his hand on her hand and said in a gentle tone, " Natsumi, I am fine with whichever place you choose. I enjoy the time spent with you, not at a particular location. And so don't worry. I will never get bored as long as I'm with you. "

Natsumi was blushing while having a smile on her face. She knew that Shido truly did love her but being reminded of it from time to time felt nice too. She was snapped out of her stupor when kurumi giggled and said, " Ara Ara Shido-kun . Are you flirting with another woman so early in the morning ? And that too in front of me on the dinner table ? How bold ~ " Natsumi was flustered on hearing this as she blushed. Shido too did blush , but it seemed that he was quicker to compose himself. He then had a playful grin on his face as he said,
" Oh ? Then would you like me to carry out these activities in the bedroom ? Perhaps you would like to join us too ? Hmm....... Not that I would mind it , you
know ? "