Chapter four

Shido rapidly paced back and forth in his room . After returning from school, he has rushed straight to his room. His mind was a mess. And how couldn't it be ? He had a date with Reine today. A date with the woman he loved after not having any human interaction for more than a century. He was genuinely nervous. Toppling Governments ? Child's play ! Causing the extinction of your own species ? Been there , done it, boring. Killing a goddess ? Why, it's easy, you just have to be determined ! But this ! This was something that made him nervous and anxious. A lot of thoughts were going through his head. Would the date go well ? What if he screws up somewhere and Reine leaves him halfway through the date ? Or what if he comes face to face with a Higher Being and he has to reveal his powers before he even has a chance to date everyone ?!

Shaking his head he took a moment to compose himself. These scenarios were completely unlikely. Higher Beings don't just pop on the streets of Japan and start shooting guns and then start dancing . That's just absurd. And while he knew and kept telling himself that this was just a normal date and he didn't have to worry too much , the heart hardly cares about logic and reason now does it ? He was going to put all of his attention on the date. Even the various clones of himself that were around the world were going to be in sort of an autopilot mode where they would work on preprogrammed commands on their own without interference from him ( although in cases of an emergency or blunder , he would still be alerted ) . This was because he wanted to give this date all his attention. The world could end right now and he wouldn't give a shit.

The date was going to take place in the shopping district. He had already picked out some casual clothes for the date. Just a simple white t-shirt with a black coat and black trousers. While initially he did slightly question his taste, wondering whether his tastes had become something along the lines of ' edgy ' but he quickly dismissed it . After all, he was the Scion of Darkness. There was no such thing as too much dark for him. Filled with determination he had decided that he was going to enjoy this date to the fullest .

-------------X-------------

Location : Shopping district

Shido stood waiting near a store . While on the outside he may seem absentminded, on the inside he was a complete nervous wreck . He was continuously taking deep breaths to calm himself. His attention was suddenly drawn to the sound of approaching footsteps. Footsteps he could distinguish and separate even among the noises of the bustling streets. In front of him stood Reine, in a white dress with a slight brownish coloured long coat. It was indeed a beautiful sight for his eyes. He was momentarily dazed upon seeing her.

However he was broken from his trance when Reine asked him in her usual gentle tone ," I didn't keep you waiting for too long , did I ? "Shido smiled and said, " No , I just got here recently

However he was broken from his trance when Reine asked him in her usual gentle tone ," I didn't keep you waiting for too long , did I ? "Shido smiled and said, " No , I just got here recently. Don't worry about it. " Reine breathed a sigh of relief. Of course, this wasn't the truth. Shido was so nervous that he had showed up more than two hours before the agreed upon time. But he wasn't going to let Reine bother with such trivialities. He also sensed that tohka, miku, Ellen and the whole group, minus yoshino and kotori were following them and they had arrived with Reine. He didn't mind that, so he chose to feign ignorance. He then extended his hand towards Reine and said,
" Shall we begin our date ?" Reine took his hand and gave him a gentle smile.