Chapter-41

"But where are we going Xav Bro?" Jonas asked for the hundredth time as we settled in the car.

And for the hundredth time, Kelvin didn't answer.

I had dropped Bruno at Mrs. Arabella's house as always. She said she loved spending time with him, so I was glad to let him enjoy her company.

Kelvin drove through the busy city roads at first, after which the paths changed to a serene, undisturbed one.

"Wait, are we going there?" Jonas spoke with such zeal as if he had just cracked the world's biggest mystery.

I didn't understand what he meant by 'there' though.

"Yes, we are," Kelvin replied. "Now shush, mouth zipped."

"Where where?" I demanded. "Tell me too!"

Jonas put a finger over his mouth with a chuckle, indicating that he had it zipped.

The surprise was revealed a few minutes later when we finally halted in front of an aesthetic single-storey building with an oversized signboard that read "Bull's Eye Dart Shooting Club."

"We're going to shoot?" I asked, almost jumping from my seat.

"With a dart gun, yes," Kelvin replied. "You're not allowed to use a real gun."

"I love this place," Jonas remarked.

The interior of the building was even more exquisite than the exterior. Dart boards lined across the walls, with curious shooters aiming at them from the opposite end.

"Xaviers!" a voice called out from a corner.

A man in flawless chocolate skin tramped towards us and dabbed Kelvin on the back as he approached.

"Sir," Kelvin smiled.

"Ah no formalities from my all-time favourite student at least!" the man said in a merry tone.

Kelvin exchanged a short conversation with him, seeking permission for me to practice.

"Well, amateurs normally require completing a lot of formalities and paying and what not to practice here, but since you've brought someone, the field is all yours. I'll handle the rest," commented the person whom I assumed to be Kelvin's teacher.

"Thank you, Eric," Kelvin beamed, exchanging a handshake with him.

"The best gun's out there," Eric winked, pointing towards a corner where dart guns were neatly arranged on top of a table.

He made his way past us to attend the other shooters in the club.

"Are you a member too?" I asked Jonas as we walked towards the table.

"Nope, I'll be legal for it after two more years. Currently enjoying perks of being Xav Bro's special guest," he chuckled.

"Jonas," Kelvin called, offering a dart gun to him.

"Me?" Jonas asked.

"Yep, you aim first."

Jonas grabbed the gun with keenness and took his position right opposite to one of the dart boards. He took a while to adjust the aim and then fired. Once, twice, and thrice.

All the darts were precise, just a bit off-center though. Missed the bull's eye just by inches, all three of them.

"Impressive," Kelvin praised, patting him on the shoulder.

Jonas grinned as he squeaked, "Xav Bro, now you!"

Kelvin reloaded the gun with new darts as he now occupied June's former position. He seemed so confident about it that he didn't even bother adjusting the focus. He aimed at one go, closed one eye, and fired. One, twice, thrice. There was no pause.