🦅 XLVIII: Sleepover (1)

Start from the beginning

How could you be bullied? And more importantly...

"Why would they?" The super ace asked absent-mindedly.

'BECAUSE OF YOU.' they all practically wanted to shout.

"Because they're jealous." Tendo explains with a smile.

"Jealous?" The athlete blinks.

"Isn't Claire super pretty?" The former blocker explains.

"Hmm. She is." The athlete nods and the boys looked at him. This is the first time they would hear the athlete ever talked about a girl that he had actually complimented her too.

"Then if you're a girl, wouldn't you be angry if someone is prettier than you?" Tendo asks the hypothetical question confidently, earning a serious reply from the athlete.

"I don't know. I'm not a girl."

"Yes. We know Wakatoshi-kun but this is a what if."

"I don't follow." Ushijima Wakatoshi looks at them confusingly.

"If someone is better at you than something, wouldn't you be angry?" Tendo tries again.

"In volleyball?" Ushijima says.

"It could be."

"Then who is it?" He actually asked.

They just looked at him, mouth slightly parted.

The former blocker immediately decided to take the conversation back in track, "No, no. I mean if someone is better at you than something, then what would you do?" Tendo asks.

"I would practice harder so I could be better then."

"But we're talking about looks here! Physical appearance. You can't practice to be better looking than someone."