"You will not touch him or give orders or even speak to the prisoner again! He was my gift and you had absolutely no right to touch him! I should have your head for this. . .however you are blood, as deplorable as it may be. I'll give you your life." He snarls close to my face.

"As you wish, Your Highness."

"We are not savages and we will not act like that towards the Easterners or the Westerners. Do you understand me Christophe?" He pushes me and it causes me to stumble backwards a little bit until I catch my footing.

"I understand." He storms out the room madly without another word causing me to release the breath I was holding for so long. When he gets angry he can do unspeakable damage. However lately, his rampant temper has been suppressed. He would have bloodied me if it were any other time, like all the times before.

I look around the room and find the book I was reading before he came in and sit back into my chair. Soon enough, I find the same page I was on and continue reading like nothing never happened.

I will find out what he is hiding. . .even if it kills me.

Stevens comes into the room looking at me up and down with some sense of concern but very little. "I'm surprised he didn't do more to you than just bloody your nose. You're lucky this time Christophe." He'd always come and patch me up when that happened. Ever since I was sixteen. . .

He takes the handkerchief out of his suit pocket and begins to wipe some of the blood from off of my lip and chin. Honestly, I want to shoo him away, but I always loved it when he would care for me like this. No one else would.

"Don't waste your time with me. Go back to your owner like the dog that you are." His hazel eyes look into my dull brown ones with an unreadable expression. He continues wiping my face down until there isn't a trace a blood left. Maybe minor smudges here or there.

"So now I'm a dog for being loyal to our Alpha?"

"No. You're a dog for acting like one in heat whenever he comes around." I chide before going back to my book. The main protagonist kind of reminds me of Cassius. Everyone doting on him like he hadn't been the last resort in a dire situation. Despite his anger management issues, he is well loved, more than well-loved by the people which sickens me.

Even Stevens had fallen for him. I narrow my eyes at him before reading again, but it only causes him to put his hand over the book and stare at me. He shows me nothing but pity and I hate it. I wish he would go away and let me plot my vengeance in peace.

Cassius inherited the eyes and hair of our predecessors. Even his looks had come from our great great grandfathers which is why I believe the people of this land love him so much. Males and females alike would love to take him as a mate but he has this fantastical idea that he will find his true mate. People of this land love him so much they allow him that much.

All I had received was dimly speckled auburn hair and light brown eyes compared to his. My father created me out of lust rather than love so I wasn't the most revered out of my cousins or anyone for the matter. The only person who showed me the slightest bit of attention was Stevens but even he became smitten with him.

"Christophe don't anger him now. This is a critical time for him and when he loses his temper there is nothing I can do but watch. Next time, you may not be so lucky." He says ignoring my snide comment. I feel his light touch on my healing nose causing me to flinch away from him. "You'll be in more pain than this if you don't stop provoking him."

"We are blood, from the same blood line yet he is allowed to treat me like this? Do you find nothing wrong with this?" I mutter angrily making him take his hand away from me and give me a small smile. "He is King. He can do whatever he so pleases." Just as he is about to leave I grab for his arm.

"Why-Why are you so in love with a man like him? Who rather use his emotions than his mind? Who is consumed with fantasies rather than reality? What is it that you find so appealing about him?" I ask entirely flustered that he keeps protecting him and even defending him after being rejected by him multiple times. Even now he is still hopelessly in love with him and it enrages me to a great extent.

Stevens is everything you could ever hope for in a mate. He is kind, caring, compassionate, humorous even. He'll make you laugh when you have a bad day. Pat your head when you fail at something you tried your hardest on. I know he's the type that will always be there for you no matter to consequences or situation. He's unbelievably loyal and affectionate. . .

"You don't choose the one you love. . ." I blink at this nonsensical answer. Soon my hand lets go of his arm realizing that it isn't even worth asking about. He will never give up on his love for him. It's been five years now.

"When you finally fall in love with someone you will understand." His hazel eyes gaze into mine and I can't help but notice the way his chocolate brown hair would cover his face ever so slightly making him all the more attractive. I scoff at his remark as my hands begin to become shaky out of anger. "Right. I suppose I will."

He gives me a courtesy bow before heading back out the door causing me to throw the book I was reading and toss the chair I was sitting on to the other side of the reading room. My eyes swell with angry tears as I rip at the letter addressed to Stevens. I watch my tears soak the fine parchment I put so much work and love into. The ink becomes blurred by the water and soon bleeds through until it becomes a murky brown coloring.

There is not a thing in this world Cassius could ever want and not have. He has power. He has wealth. He even has the love of a man that he doesn't even deserve. I can't have anything without him taking it away from me. I crunch what remains of the slits of paper into my fists making sure I thoroughly destroy any hope or remains of ever giving it to him or him ever finding out.

As soon as I pick myself up and wipe any lingering tears away from my face. I head out the door and down the hall. Anastasia is my last option. She will know what to do. I will ruin everything he has ever built and watch it burn to the ground. I will destroy him if it's the last thing I do.

_________________________________________________________________

[A/N] Things are beginning to turn from bad to worse! How do you like it written in Christophe's P.O.V? As you may already know, I don't write villians only people and circumstance. You gotta feel for him, even just a little!

Thanks for reading! *Hugs and Kisses* I'll update in another week!