↳ too hateful to love (2)

A/N: some of y'all requested that I do a part two, so this one is for you <3

*****

Two weeks. It had been two weeks since the last time you saw Jaemin and you felt completely and utterly empty inside.

You laid in bed and stared up at the ceiling. Scenes from that day replayed in your head like a broken record. Jaemin laughing with his friends. Jaemin becoming stiff around you. The way he got angry, the hurt flashing in his eyes. Everything felt so messed up.

But there was one thing that was crystal clear— you were still helplessly in love with Jaemin.

After your little breakdown in the sand, you returned back to the others. Yeeun was worried the second she caught your eye, but you made no move to tell her what happened. She took the hint, letting you have your space.

Jaemin, on the other hand, had completely avoided you for the rest of the night. Your limbs felt heavy and the back of your eyes burned during the entire ride home. It was then when you finally told Yeeun, breaking down into tears again. She comforted you, whispering things that any best friend would say.

It's okay....let it all out...boys are trash, anyway.

"No," you managed through your sobs, "I am. I'm the terrible one. Jaemin didn't do anything wrong. It was all my fault."

You turned to your side, picking up your phone. Yeeun had texted you an hour ago that she was going to hang out some friends. She didn't specify with who, which obviously meant that Jaemin was among them. You stared at the message, wondering whether it was possible to have things back to the way they were before. Back to when you all were able to speak to one another and be friends again.

Of course not, you chided yourself.

"Y/n," your mother suddenly walked inside your room. She looked at the way you were sprawled across your bed and grimaced.

"You've been in bed all day."

"Leave me alone," you grumbled, sinking your head further into your pillow.

Your mother sighed, "Can you go by the convenience store? We ran out of milk, and I think you need to get some fresh air," she eyed you warily.

"You can clear up your raging hormones while you're at it, too."

"Mom," you whined, feeling your cheeks flush as you glared at her. "Fine, I'll go. Just get out."

She smiled triumphantly, leaving a very embarassed you all to yourself. After quickly cleaning up, you threw on a hoodie and made your way down the to the store. Once you found the right brand of milk and closed the fridge door, you turned around. Your heart dropped when your eyes landed on someone.

Jaemin.

He stood at the the end of the aisle, examining some drinks. Thankfully, he hadn't seen you, but you couldn't seem to move a muscle. Then suddenly, his his eyes locked with yours and you felt like the air in your chest spontaneously disappeared. You stared at each other for what seemed like hours before he finally tore his eyes away.

It happened so fast. Your legs sprung into action as you stepped closer to him, "Wait."

He froze, twisting his upper body to look back at you. He looked hesitant, as if deciding whether it was a bad idea to do so. But before he could make a definite choice, you swallowed hard.

"I-I actually want to talk to you," your voice came out dry and rough, as if you hadn't spoken in years.

"If you're willing to listen, that is."