↳ feeling confident

A/N: I wrote this short imagine with Renjun being the antagonist even though he's the sweetest little baby in real life 🥺

+ I was listening to I Don't Want Her by Eric Bellinger (ft. Problem) while writing this and it inspired one of the lines...you'll see which one hehe.

~*~

"Hey Jaemin," Renjun and Jisung called out, walking over to the brunette. Jisung eyed him up and down, a look of confusion taking place on his face. He quirked a brow at Jaemin.

"What's with the outfit, hyung?"

Jaemin was wearing a black graphic shirt with dark pair of jeans that had rips around the knees. Jaemin normally didn't dress like this on a casual day. His hair was swept to the side, allowing his features to stand out more than usual.

He was leaning against the wall with a foot placed behind him, texting on his phone. He smirked at Renjun before putting his cell away and crossing his arms.

"I'm meeting up with y/n," he wiggled his brows, feeling ecstatic to finally see his new girlfriend after a long time. You and Jaemin have been dating for about a month now, but you haven't been able to see him often due to his busy schedule.

You were mow about to go on your second date with him. Jaemin had texted you the location and time, as well as a message that read: Dress to impress ;)

You couldn't fight the grin breaking out on your face when you read it. Jaemin had always said he loved the way you fashioned yourself. In truth, it actually took you quite a few years to find your aesthetic and of course, to gain the confidence to pull it off. You worked really hard to be able to go wherever you want while feeling good about yourself.

Jaemin had especially noticed that you've been exuding radiance ever since you both started dating. Your relationship went through a lot of hurdles, but alas, Jaemin finally had enough and confessed to you. Knowing that he returned your feelings had made you the happiest girl in the world. Nothing had made you feel as confident as he did.

"Oh? You're still with her?" Renjun remarked. Jaemin felt a hint of irritation at the comment, but brushed it off.

Jisung didn't seem to notice as he snorted, "You're going with her dressed like that?" 

"Where are you guys going? A death metal concert?"

Jaemin rolled his eyes at the youngest. "If you're really curious, we're going downtown today. Y/n wants to check out some new restaurant that opened up recently."

"I don't get it," Renjun frowned before crossing his arms."What does that have to do with you looking like you're about to strut down a catwalk?"

This time, Jaemin laughed, "You'll see."

He then leaned over to the side and a bright smile spread across his face. "Actually, you'll see right now."

Jaemin nodded his head in your direction and the boys turned around. To say Renjun was surprised was an understatement. Jisung's eyes lit up as soon as they landed on you.

"Is that," Renjun gawked at you, feeling almost betrayed at the sight in front of him, "Y/n?"

You waved at the boys, giggling at the look of disbelief on Renjun's face and the ecstatic expression on Jisung's. You didn't expect to see anyone else besides Jaemin, let alone causing that much of a reaction. Did you look funny? you couldn't help but wonder. 

You wore a white knitted top and a pair of jeans that happened to fit you very well. You decided to wear gold jewelry today to had some pizazz to the simple outfit. Your hair was combed into a sleek ponytail and you carried a cream-coloured coat in your hand as you approached your boyfriend.