↳ warmth

A/N: Hi guys!! I've been super occupied with work, but I managed to write a quick lil something as I wanted to update asap :')

I hope you guys like this one! I thought it was a really cute idea while writing it.

quick note: f/n = friend's name

WARNING: contains mentions of anxiety signs/symptoms

*****

Your room was dark, and the only light emitted was the soft glow of your desk lamp and the full moon illuminating through your bedroom window.

You tapped your pencil against your notebook, feeling frustrated as you stared at your textbook. It was nearly midnight and you had a test in the morning, but nothing was getting inside your head.

That day had been the worst for you. You got into a huge fight with your mom this morning, leaving you in such a bad mood. Why can't you be like your older brother? she had yelled. You always cause me trouble, y/n. When will you grow up? You couldn't wipe the image of her disappointed face from your mind.

Then at school, you managed to throw your frustrations out on your friend. It was too late by the time you realized it. Your words were too harsh, and now your friend wasn't speaking to you.

Upset by everything, you threw the pencil down on the table and ran your hands through your hair. This was impossible, you thought. Why did everything make you so agitated? You wanted to disappear. Run away and never have another problem to deal with ever again. You were tired of everything. Tired of trying to live to your mother's ridiculous expectations, tired of dealing with all the pressure, and tired of being yourself.

Maybe you just weren't enough.

It felt like no one could understand you. You felt too messed up and misunderstood. Lonely. The longer you put up with it, the more you began to believe it.

That you were alone.

Suddenly you felt like something heavy was placed on your chest. It felt tight and restricted, no matter how many long breaths you took in. You bunched the material of your nightgown near the your chest as panic began to rise. It felt like you couldn't breathe.

"Shit," you breathed, reaching out to your phone with shakey hands. You had to get your mind off of things. Now.

Without thinking, you called the only person you could think of. When they picked up, your heart began to race.

"Y/n?" Jaemin spoke from the other end of the line, a hint of worry laced in his voice. "You do realize it's like, the middle of the night, right?" He chuckled.

You closed your eyes, your leg jittering up and down underneath the table. "I need you to talk to me," you whispered. "Please."

There was a pause, and for a second you were scared that you may have creeped him out. After all, it was the middle of the night— it would definitely be weird to randomly recieve a call, demanding that you'd speak to them. But instead, you heard abit of shuffling from his end before he spoke again, "Hey, is everything okay?"

"Just keep talking," you said, breathing slowly. "And it will be."

"Okay," he immediately answered. "Where are you right now?"

"At home," you replied, "In my room."

"Okay, cool," he said.

"Now tell me five things you can see."