🤍 Chapter 30 🤍

Start from the beginning

"Shut up," Katsuki growled at him.

"I don't know why you're so bothered," Eijirou went off anyway. "She was strong enough to both protect Aizawa Sensei and catch his eye as his protégé. She was awesome at USJ!"

Protégé... how many people have that weirdo as their protégé now?

"Shut up before I kill you," Katsuki grunted and looked away to the stadium, his eyes briefly lingering on the widely smiling white-haired girl in the front, talking to Mina, Ochaco and Tsuyu.

That idiot needs to stop giving out smiles so freely.

"Now, it's time for the fourth match!" Present Mic said. "We're just gonna keep rolling along! Rush headlong toward the top! It's like he's the epitome of the middle of the pack! From the Hero Course, it's Iida Tenya! Versus – Fully-equipped with support items! From the Support Course, it's Hatsume Mei!"

"He's up against the support course, huh?" Kyoka asked and Kimitsuki nodded as she stared at the pink-haired girl in the fighting arena.

"I wonder what kind of fight it'll be?" Tsuyu questioned thoughtfully.

"I mean, what is that?" Rikido said. "Iida-Kun's also fully-equipped with support items!"

"That's generally against the rules for those in the hero course," Midnight informed Tenya. "Those who must use equipment needed to petition beforehand,"

"I forgot about that!" Tenya exclaimed and Kimitsuki dropped her head when she realised that he really hadn't. "Aoyama-Kun also wore a belt, so I thought it was fine!"

"He submitted a petition," Midnight pointed out.

"I humbly apologise!" Tenya said, bowing in apology. "However, my heart was moved by my opponent's sportsmanship. Even though she is from the support course, she said she wanted an even match since she made it this far. She said she wanted to fight fairly. So, she gave me this equipment! I did not think I could ignore her fighting spirit!"

"Oh, youth!" Midnight shouted immediately, sparkling and Kimitsuki sweat-dropped. "I'll allow it!"

"Well, since permission's been granted, let's start the fourth match!" Present Mic announced and Tenya made the first move by rushing toward Mei.

"Her Quirk is quite interesting," Kimitsuki spoke up as she activated her own Quirk, and Izuku looked over at her with interest. "It's an Optical Quirk as well – but it's a Zoom Quirk,"

"Isn't that acceleration wonderful, Iida-Kun?" Mei said, her voice amplified by a microphone she was wearing. "Don't your legs feel lighter than usual? That's only to be expected! Those leg parts are helping the wearer's movements along! And I can... evade easily with my hydraulic attachments!"

"This is strange," Kimitsuki spoke up as Mei quickly used one of her many support items to get out of Tenya's path by flying upward. "I think... she's advertising her support items, too,"

It makes sense –

we advertise our Quirks and she advertises her support items.

"Since I've got sensors in every direction, I can even deal with attacks from behind!" Mei said as she dodged Tenya once again. "Iida-Kun changed course adeptly! It's thanks to the auto-balancer that I made! The leg parts detect the wearer's brainwaves to predict their movements, so there's no need to worry about time lag! The auto-balancer is equipped with a 32-axis gyro sensor! It will be sure to keep the wearer from falling unless the wearer wants to!"