🤍 Chapter 10 🤍

Once the entire class was finished with their Quirk Assessment Test, Aizawa had them all gather in front of him in the field. Kimitsuki stood with Izuku, moving her head back and using her eye-drops for the constant use of Quirk that day. Her eyes weren't that dry because she was using it much more casually, allowing herself to blink normally. For her body heat, she couldn't do much for it.

"Okay, I'll quickly tell you the results," Aizawa told them. "The total is simply the marks you, got from each test. It's a waste of time to explain verbally, so I'll show you the results all at once,"

1st Kuroyanagi Kimitsuki --- 2nd Yaoyorozu Momo 
3rd Todoroki Shoto -------------- 4th Bakugo Katsuki 
5th Iida Tenya --------------- 6th Tokoyami Fumikage 
7th Shoji Mezo --------------------- 8th Ojiro Mashirao 
9th Kirishima Eijirou --------------- 10th Ashido Mina 
11th Uraraka Ochaco ------------------- 12th Koda Koji 
13th Sato Rikido ----------------------- 14th Asui Tsuyu 
15th Aoyama Yuga ------------------- 16th Sero Hanta 
17th Kaminari Denki ---------------- 18th Jirou Kyoka 
19th Hagakure Toru ------------ 20th Mineta Minoru 
21st Midoriya Izuku

Kimitsuki was genuinely shocked to see her name in front of everyone – at number one, no less. Even though she had decently enough in the tests but she hadn't expected to do this well. Of course, Kimitsuki had always, always been first in tests during school, too, but this is the Hero course!

Shaking her head, Kimitsuki ran her eyes down to look for Izuku and sighed softly when she noticed his name on the very end. She looked down next to her and saw the expression on her best friend's face.

"By the way, I was lying about the expulsion," Aizawa spoke up finally. "It was a rational deception to draw out the upper limits of your Quirks,"

Everyone was shocked, and Izuku let out a cry of relief. Kimitsuki was surprised but smiled gently.

"Of course, that was a lie," Momo said and everyone turned to look at her in wonder. "It should have been obvious if you just thought it through,"

"That was a little nerve-wracking, huh?" Sero Hanta said.

"I'll take up the challenge anytime!" Kirishima Eijiro responded, holding up his fist.

"I don't think... that he was lying about that," Kimitsuki said quietly as she looked at Aizawa. "About expelling the students who didn't have what was needed to be a hero,"

Few of the students turned to look at them and Kimitsuki averted her eyes from them out of awkwardness, and instead met eyes with Katsuki's red pair. She didn't react to his glare but it did make her sad to see that he was still so angry. Sometimes, she wished she had the nerve to read minds.

"With that, we're done here," Aizawa said. "There are handouts with the curriculum and such in the classroom so when you get back, look over them,"

"It's finally over, huh?" Kimitsuki said but shut herself up when Aizawa came to a stop next to where she, Izuku, Tenya and Ochaco were standing.

"Midoriya," Aizawa said as he held out a pass to the green-haired boy. "Have the old lady fix you in the nurse's office," He looked at Kimitsuki. "Kuroyanagi, go with him, make sure he doesn't lose his way,"

"He already figured that out about his students?" Kimitsuki breathed before realising Aizawa was still looking at her. She flushed and bowed her head deep to the ground. "Y-Yes, Sensei!"

Aizawa nodded and started to walk away from the students first, "Tomorrow will be packed with even more rigorous tests. Prepare yourself,"

"Let's go have your finger checked out by Recovery Girl, Izu-Chan" Kimitsuki said as she turned to look at Izuku, who nodded and hurried to follow the tall girl as they started to the school building.