🤍 Chapter 77 🤍

Kimitsuki sighed softly to herself as she finished changing into her school uniform, neatly folding away the hospital pyjamas. She had gotten too used to that material. She could not wear her tights as there were still bandages wrapped around her injuries below the waist and she winced slightly whenever she moved her shoulder too much, such as for reaching into her sleeves.

Tsukitarou had visited her earlier to check on her and had had lunch with her. They had talked to Kimihiro on the phone to placate his worries, and Kimitsuki had also called Granny Haruna regarding her health. As he left, Tsukitarou had informed her that she would be going home today.

It was advised against to go to Eri's quarantined room and Kimitsuki only gazed at it from afar before she headed off toward the lobby, knowing that her teachers would be waiting for her.

"Oh, Izu-Chan," Kimitsuki said when her eyes fell onto her childhood best friend in the corridor that led down to the lobby. "Have you been discharged as well?"

"Yes, I have, Tsuki-Chan!" Izuku replied, perking up at the sight of her. "Are you doing better now?" Kimitsuki gave him a small smile and nodded. "Let's go home together!"

"Let us do that," Kimitsuki agreed, grateful for Izuku's light demeanour – it always brought her out of her own thoughts and she learned not to dwell on them.

Together, the pair of them got into the lift at the end of the corridor and pressed the button for the ground floor where the hospital lobby was location. There, watching the television, were both Aizawa and Recovery Girl waiting on them.

And as they neared their homeroom teacher, Kimitsuki's lilac eyes trailed over to the television as familiar words reached her ears. She came to a stop, listening to the breaking news report that was being presented by the anchors to the country at large –

Suspect Chisaki Kai – Attacked During Transport:

"Chisaki Kai, arrested for the abduction and confinement of a young girl, is the young head of the designated villain group, Shie Hassaikai," informed the anchor. "As police were transporting him, they were attacked by the League of Villains,"

"... League of Villains...?" Kimitsuki breathed, feeling her shoulders tense as the name she did not want to remember and the face she did not want to recall made its way back to her. "Shigaraki..."

"During this incident, Sand Hero: Snatch, who was there as backup for the escort, was killed" continued the anchor and Kimitsuki gasped. "There were also a number of police officers injured. This attack on a villain in transport is an unprecedented failure..."

"This is all they've been reporting on since yesterday," Recovery Girl said with a sigh as she turned around to glance at the two teenagers who had joined them.

"It isn't something you should feel responsible for," Aizawa said to the two students but Kimitsuki could not meet eyes with him. "You don't have to worry about it,"

"But..." Izuku trailed off.

"For now, the students are to return to school," Aizawa said. "They want to monitor Togata a little longer, but the other students have already been completely healed by Recovery Girl. They should be here soon,"

"Are you doing well now?" Recovery Girl inquired from the white-haired girl and Kimitsuki nodded quietly. "Good, well, I'll stay a while longer to heal a few more of the patients here,"

"Can't we stay, too, until Eri-Chan wakes up?" Izuku asked as he and Kimitsuki looked toward their homeroom teacher with hopeful eyes.

"Even if you stay, the situation won't change," Aizawa told the two of them. "All we can do is leave Eri-Chan to the doctors,"