🤍 Chapter 9 🤍

Even though she had just assured Izuku regarding this, Kimitsuki frowned to herself as she processed what Aizawa was saying. She had heard that U. A. was very tough and this didn't seem out of the lane – but to kick someone out on the first day just out of the school because they didn't do well on their very first Quirk assessment test? It was something that Kimitsuki had not expected at all.

"Last place will be expelled?" Ochaco asked, equally shocked. "But it's the first day of school! No, even if it wasn't the first day of school, this is too unfair!"

"Natural disasters, big accidents, and selfish villains," Aizawa responded. "Calamities whose time or place can't be predicted. Japan is covered with unfairness. Heroes are the ones who reverse those situations. If you wanted to go talk with your friends at Mickey D's after school, too bad,"

That was a bit too specific.

"For the next three years," Aizawa continued. "U. A. will do all it can to give you one hardship after another. Go beyond. Plus Ultra. Overcome it with all you have got. All right, demonstration's over. The real thing starts now,"

Test 1: 50 Metre Dash

Kimitsuki stood on the side with Izuku as they watched Iida Tenya and a rather frog-like girl named Asui Tsuyu on the started line on the metre dash. Their speeds were going to be evaluated by special cameras provided by the school, and they were also going to be meditating the races –

"On your mark... get set... go!"

There was a small gunshot and both Tenya and Tsuyu went running toward the finishing line. Kimitsuki quietly observed them with her Quirk, recognising their Quirks to be Engine and Frog. And as according to his Quirk, Tenya managed to pass through the finishing line relatively quickly.

"3.04 seconds,"

"Her Quirk is Frog," Kimitsuki said quietly to Izuku as they watched Tsuyu hop across the lane and toward the finishing line. "I think she can do everything a frog can do,"

"5.58 seconds,"

Tsuyu passed the finishing line and Kimitsuku turned to the next two people on the race course – they were Uraraka Ochaco with her Gravity Quirk and Ojiro Mashirao with his Tail Quirk.

"On your mark... get set...!"

There was another gunshot, causing both Ochaco and Mashirao to go running forward. Ochaco seemed to have loosened herself up with her own Quirk but Mashirao proved quicker with his tail.

"5.49 seconds,"

"I feel like physical mutation Quirks are more natural for their users to handle," Kimitsuki said. "Because they have lived with the manifestation of it at all times," Izuku nodded in agreement.

"7.15 seconds,"

Ochaco managed to get across and looked pretty satisfied with her speed. The next two in line to race together were Ashido Mina, with her Acid Quirk, and Aoyama Yuga, with his Navel Laser Quirk.

"Everyone, you're not being creative enough," Yuga said as he got in his place along with Mina. He was still standing and facing backward. "I'll show you what it's like to be allowed to use your Quirk!"

Yuga used his Navel Laser Quirk and went flying across his lane with the help of the laser that was fitted into his belly bottom. But then, he fell through in the middle of the race and had to redo the laser to get through the remaining length of the dash.