Chapter 17: Choosing a path. (EDITED 07/22)

Yangcha was still at his post, standing still in front of the High Priestess' office. Being Tanya's guard was awkward. When he was with her, he didn't know when she was able to listen to his thoughts or not and so he had to stay focused on not thinking about important things. He was more comfortable when she was locked in her office while he was waiting outside, even if he was bored. It was only his second day since he was assigned to his new job but he already thought days were going to be too long.

He got out of his thoughts by a familiar voice which put a smile on his face, the day wasn't as boring anymore.

"Hey Daekan, you seem deep in thought," Enoria teased.

Yangcha looked behind her, wondering if it was safe to talk to her or not.

"There's no priest in the hall, you can talk freely."

"Hey Igutu, did you already miss me?" Yangcha asked in a low voice after she had approached him closer.

"I did. I got used having you by my side all day," she replied.

"I miss you too when you are not by my side," he said before messing up her hair.

"The fact you are often the one brushing my hair doesn't mean you can mess it up, you know."

"Really? I thought it gave me that right, if not, I don't know why I keep doing it then."

"Is that so? Alright. I am going to find someone else to do it, what about Mugwang? I am sure he will gladly take care of me," she joked before pretending to go away.  

Yangcha laughed discreetly, he caught her wrist and brought her closer to him.

- Don't spend too much time with Mugwang, I don't like it. He said, stroking her cheek.
- Don't spend too much time with Tanya, I don't like it. She replied, childishly sticking out her tongue.

"If I could be by your side I would be but-"

"You can't because Tagon ordered you to be there, I know. There's always Tagon between us, the 16 years old me should have shot that arrow in his neck that day," she joked, mimicking shooting an arrow.

"You know your arrow would have missed your target, the wind was too strong it would have derived it," Yangcha teased.

"I know, I was just joking. I am glad things happened the way it happened. You would have been sad if Tagon had died anyway."

"But you didn't care at that time."

"That's not wrong but that's because I didn't know yet I would fall in love with you. If I had known I wouldn't have aimed at your precious Tagon."

"You are the one who is precious to me."

"Tagon is precious to you too. When are you going to confess that he is your first-"

Yangcha prevented her from finishing her sentence. He covered her mouth with his hand, pushing her gently against the wall behind her. "Don't say it. No matter how open-minded you are, you are my first love so, don't try, once again, to say otherwise," he murmured.

She laughed before she bit his hand to set herself free. "You never learn, do you?" she asked, biting her lower lip, satisfied.

"I knew you were going to do that," he said, laughing lightly.

"But you did it anyway? Do you like to be bitten?"

"Do you like to bite me?"

"Maybe. I may like letting my marks on you."

"You must be a pervert," he joked.

"The one who likes being bitten is as much a pervert as the one who bites."