CHAPTER 25: The truth behind the lies.

While waiting for Saya, Tanya watched the sunrise from her balcony. The cold wind sent shivers into her body.

As three paradise flycatchers seemed to dance in front of her, she thought once again about the prophecy. She was the bell and her role was to echo throughout the world.

 'Accomplish your destiny, dear daughter, fix my mistake and share our teachings to those who had forgotten them. Guide those who have lost themselves back on the right path,' the Great White Wolf had told her and she thought maybe she had finally understood what she had to do. She had to teach the people of Arthdal, just like a mother taught her children, she would teach them again the values of the Wahan Tribe and so the values of Asa Sin they had forgotten.

She would guide them back to a world of kindness, compassion and tolerance and show them it was more suitable than a world where people were obsessed by greed. 

She would make them love her, she would owe their hearts so that they would follow her, so that they would live according to the teachings her ancestor had passed her.

But there was an obstacle between what she wanted and what she could do: Tagon, the man she had made King and whom she knew was wrong in his ways. His title was now more powerful than hers but she could see that as an advantage rather than a inconvenient.

Hate was the natural feeling she could have towards Tagon and his warriors considering the harm they had done to her tribe but she had been taught that anger and hatred were signs of weakness while compassion was a sure sign of strength.

She took a deep breath and straightened herself. She would unleash the strength hiding within her, she was strong and she would show them how much she was.

She wouldn't hate the King or the Daekan warriors. She would do the opposite, she wouldn't forget but she would forgive their wrongs. And, just like the people of Arthdal, her other subjects, she would help them find the right way too.  

She had come with an idea on how to spread the words of her ancestor, by herself, she had taken a long time to elaborate a plan so that she could prove to everyone around her she knew how to play the game too.

The first Kingdom meeting she would be part of would be held in a few days and she still had a lot of things to do before that and she just hoped everything would unfold the way she wanted it to.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As he was told to, Saya went to see Tanya early in the morning and, as promised, she told him everything about the sword, its maker and also where she went the day before and why.

She was waiting for him to show a little bit of anger for having been left out from that but he wasn't angry. He had listened carefully and patiently to her words and he understood the urge they were in to find a solution. He thanked her for her honesty and he actually felt glad he had worried for nothing as she wasn't truly sick. 

She appreciated him when he was like that, patient and kind. It was when he showed this side of himself she could think a part of him was similar to her Eunseom.

She shared with him her worries about Tagon not respecting their deal or Taealha finding out about what they were hiding but he reassured her: letting Yeolson live was more interesting than killing him and so, he doubted Tagon would try to do harm to the Priestess' father, at least not now.

She told him she had asked for a sign of guidance and saw the Great White Wolf in the forest, "she told me to share her teachings," she explained without speaking yet of the Black Wolf Asa Sin had mentioned.