FLASHBACK CHAPTER 11: A promise to find each other again. (EDITED 06/22)

- Yangcha's point of view -

For years, we saw each other secretly, without getting caught. She followed us during the rest of the Great Hunt, when we were ordered to go east to prevent the rebellion of the Ago Tribe too and even after when we went to Iark. We always get down the Great Black Cliff then came back after a few days or weeks. 

She often went back to the place where Rin, Minji and ShinWoo were. I had the feeling of knowing them a little, as Enoria often talked about them to me. I was thankful they were there for her when I couldn't be by her side because of a mission.

As we agreed, she didn't give me much details about what she was doing when she was with them, I trusted her enough to not be worried, I knew she was doing things that she thought were right and as long as she always came back to me safely she could do whatever she wanted anyway. On one of her « expeditions » as she called them, she found again one of her old friends she had already talked to me about : MooMyung, that boy who was, just like me, a former child of Shahati and who her father had helped years before the Great Hunt. I was happy for her, as long as he joined the brothers side with Rin. That's what he did, making me earn another threatening brother-in-law.

Everytime we weren't together I missed her and everytime we saw each other after quite a long time it was like I discovered her for the first time and I fell in love with her all over again. No matter how much time we passed together, I couldn't get enough of her. I loved her so hard that even the things that weren't special about her became special : the way I could know how she was feeling just by the way she called my name, the way she blushed when I told her she was beautiful, how she bite her lips everytime she was about to attack when we were training, how, when she kissed me I knew it meant forever.

We had already spent twelve years together, without anyone noticing. Our love was a secret we miraculously kept well and it still amazed and amused us, everytime we talked about it, how clueless the others Daekans and Tagon were. We felt lucky, because it was just so easy to see each other.

It was easy until that day, when Tagon told us we were going to go further in Iark, for a long mission. We wouldn't come up before several months or more to explore Iark completely and bring back more slaves in a single trip rather than several ones. 

We were leaving in one week and I didn't want to. 

I didn't want to leave her for months. It was already hard to be apart for a few days or weeks so for months I couldn't imagine that. But I didn't have the choice, even if for a moment I wanted to tell Tagon I refused to follow that order it was a thing I just couldn't do. After he had announced us that, I got out of the tent with a heavy heart. I didn't know how I was going to tell her I had to go away for several months. 

Not only was I heavy-hearted but I also didn't manage to slip away from the camp until the day before our departure. We were busy with the preparation and I didn't have the chance to slip away discreetly before.

When I arrived to see her she greeted me our usual way with a joyful voice and I guessed she didn't know we were leaving. For once, I wished she had taken the risk to come closer to the camp to watch, but she hadn't, she wasn't doing that anymore. Firstly because she didn't need to learn from the others Daekans training together anymore, she was better than them. Secondly because she couldn't stand the view of the slaves who were flogged to make the platorm get down the Cliff. I had forbidden her to do something as reckless as trying to get them free as it was way too risky. She never tried, she knew well that she couldn't do that by herself, and that, even if she didn't fear being hurt or being killed, if she tried, she would end up dead without being able to help those people anyway. For the past years, she always had a dose of deadly poison on her, because, she told me that, if she get caught one day, for a reason or another, she rather died than betraying me and our secret life. I got angry at her that day, because if she get caught, there was no way I was going to just watch her being killed, I would definitely intervene, even if it meant I ended up dead too. I rather die than living in a world when she wasn't there anymore. Luckily, we never get caught and we lived our secret love wholeheartedly.