CHAPTER 37: The fight had just begun.

Still at their post in front of the High Priestess' room, Yangcha and Enoria spent the time chatting in a low voice. Of course he didn't miss to mention again the interesting story Sana had shared: that night when Enoria had kissed someone who wasn't him. With an amused smile on his face, he watched her losing herself in unnecessary explanation and the more embarrassed she felt the more her cheeks were taking colors and he couldn't help but to find her adorable. When she reassured him on the fact she enjoyed kissing him way more than she had enjoyed kissing Minji while being drunk, he put an end to the teasing by telling her that, as long as it was only Minji she kissed when he wasn't there, he didn't mind. Her eyebrows raised before they gathered and she slapped his arm telling him not to even dare imagining things in his mind and her reaction only amused him even more.

They continued to chat for a little while but as much as she was trying not to show it, he knew she was getting tired. "You should rest, I'll ensure the first watch," Yangcha said.

"No, I'll stay a little," Enoria replied.

He looked at her with worry. He knew it wasn't because she didn't trust him to assure Tanya's safety but because of her dreams. Since the day she had woken up, since she had discovered their potential fates, she had been dreaming more than usual and from the distress he could see on her face when she was sleeping, those weren't happy dreams she was having. She probably relived the vision she had had, night after night. To avoid those dreams, she barely slept and it pained him to see her fighting against sleep because she was afraid of those images she could see when her eyes were closed. "Those dreams you have been having recently, how bad are they?" he dared to ask with the hope she would share with him the vision she had had, as well as her troubles and fears.

"Oh, I am sorry, I must have woken you up several times. If I am bothering you, I can sleep in another room the time for them to pass," she replied, avoiding looking at him.

He took a deep breath and sighed. She was avoiding the question. She had no intention to share what she had seen with him and even though he could understand, it also pained him to see her keeping everything for herself. "How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Fine," she replied as she glanced at him then looked away again. She could feel that he knew she was hiding something but he was too respectful to directly ask what it was. She felt a lump in her throat. She wasn't fine. She was scared but how could she tell him about what she had seen? How could she tell him that she had seen him die and was searching for a way to keep him alive? She couldn't put that burden on his shoulders and so, for as long as possible, she had to keep it for herself. Not only that, but also how could she tell him that she had sold her soul to Taealha for her people to stay alive? He wouldn't understand. For him, they were a bunch of random people and he had already told her he couldn't care less. He wouldn't let her continue obeying the Queen even if she had to. For now, she had no choice even if it cost her a lot and so, she couldn't tell him about that either.

They stayed silent for a moment, both lost in their respectful thoughts, in their worries for the other. 

When Saya came back, he took the blankets and cushions Yangcha was still holding. He warned the two he had seen some maids heading there and that they had to stop them from entering. He reassured once more that he wasn't going to harm Tanya then he disappeared inside of the room which was now his too.

As Saya had warned them, the maids showed up not long after the Prince had regained his room. They explained to the two warriors they were there to assure that the marriage of the Prince and the High Priestess was consummated in the respect of the old custom but none of them actually entered the room. Yangcha had placed himself in front of the door and they weren't fool enough to even try to make him move from where he was. A few disguised threats from Enoria and they left without insisting too much though the two warriors knew the Queen would definitely hear about their opposition.