Chapter 37: Limbo

Song recommendation: Trap House by A Boogie "Big gun like I'm Rambo, keep on talking I'ma back out, look who got the last laugh now; Nigga this is my trap house"

Dave lightly tugged the crook of Sage's arm, causing her to stumble back to where he was standing in the corner. She caught sight of his wink as the last of her guests for her babyshower were piling in the ballroom. She held out her hand and he led the way down the hall and into a private room. The room they stepped into was medium sized and brightly lit. Sage looked up at her man, he was clad in a camel colored button down and some slacks, probably his favorite designer, Tom Ford. Today his scent was Sauvage by Dior instead of his usual cologne and his hair was braided to perfection thanks to her.

     "I just wanted some alone time with you," he said

"I just wanted some alone time with you," he said. He hasn't seen the mother of his child since they stepped through the door of the venue. Ella and Sage's mother had the privilege of setting up the tea party themed event. They made sure to have strict security at the entrance who only allowed those with full names and ID matched from the list. Dave spent most of his time being dragged around by Ella and Ezra introducing them to the close friends and family members that were invited. Most of them seemed to take well to him or at least tolerate the fact that he was having a baby with their loved one.

"You okay?" She questioned, her voice laced with concern. She stepped forward and latched her hands with his, "We can leave soon." The softness of her voice and the etched eyebrows encouraged a lie out of him. He was not okay, of course it wasn't something he needed to discuss with her.

"Yeah, baby." He reassured her. She hugged his side and felt his gun print. She gulped and pushed any pessimistic thoughts trying to intrude, she just wanted to enjoy herself. "Hey, you haven't had nightmares all week, that's a first."

Sage flashed a genuine smile because she was proud at the progress. They were both aware that this victory didn't mean that it would be the last of her nightmares or she wouldn't have her obsessive paranoia here and there, but it did mean she was closer to healing. Her nightmares had Dave embrace her with his arms and she'd slowly fall back asleep. If he wasn't home he'd try and talk her through the night but lately he's noticed they weren't as frequent. "Thank you for helping me through them...always. And baby I'm sorry I don't talk--"