Chapter 5: Rialto

Song Recommendation: Islands by the XX "I am yours now, so now I don't ever have to leave"

     For the past two weeks Sage recognized the amount of time she and East were spending together and she didn't even know his biological name. She felt he knew all of her,down to the music she listened to and the way she liked her food. Food was a big one since she was the biggest female foodie he had ever met. It didn't matter that she had to sneak out or skip school to hang out with him, the fact that he was 31 years old or disappeared at random times because she was having fun. She didn't see any of his behavior as strange but she saw a lot of her dad in him, hardworking and protective of her.

     She was currently straddling his body while he slept peacefully. His breath going in and out at a steady pace and his lips in a pout. One of her favorite things about him was his tattoos as she would always trace and stare at them. His tattoos hardened his exterior and made him come across as rugged and crass and maybe that was true for other people but to her he was patient, gentle and soft. His usually harsh voice was mushy when he would speak to her, giving her all the pet names in the world most consisting of baby though.

     Sage took his face into her palms and bent down to kiss his lips over and over and over again, each time letting her lips linger on his a little longer. Dave tiredly wrapped his arm around her frame and whispered, "Gimme more," and she did just that kissing his cheek all the way down to his lips then his neck and back up to his lips again.

     Kissing was all they did since Dave knew she wasn't ready for anything more yet. He could read her whenever things got too heated intimately, she would stop off her own principle. In her eyes, he was gorgeous but she didn't want to have sex for the first time on impulse, especially because they were yet to be in a relationship. They go out on dates and he doesn't allude to talking to other girls, but that didn't mean anything to Sage and she knew that from experience. She planned to wait until he straight out asked her or mentioned it, until then, she's remained with her innocence.

     "You can't sleep, mama?" His voice was groggy and deeper than usual because he was still half asleep and it made her hot.

     "No." She let out breathlessly. All that kissing on him exhausted her though. After a few moments passed Sage spoke up again. "I've been thinking."

     "Uh oh," East joked. His arm was over his eyes at this point not wanting to open them completely yet. Sage picked her head up from his chest and peered down at him, "What's your real name? Like your government?"

     "David Brewster Jr." He figured she had to know at some point if she's wifey. She already asked him for his age last week and he was more open to let her know than he initially thought.

     "So where does East come from?"

     "My bros started calling me that when I was a youngin.' Just a nickname." She nodded at his response feeling better about how much easier it was for him to answer personal questions lately. "I gotta better question for you though, mami. Who that nigga always around you?"

     "You mean Jay?" She could barely lie because she knew he was keeping tabs on her, he told her so and being around each other all the time and knowing her location didn't help. She didn't mind because she didn't lie but now he's mistaken this one lame who wanted her as someone she was pursuing. "Just a high school friend. That's it." She didn't want to expand on the fact that he constantly tried sleeping with her. She brushed it off because they're just friends, if she had any say in it. She turned her head and took her bottom lip between her teeth, something she did when she was lying and Dave knew it.

    "You fuckin' lyin.' It's fine cause when I find him and kill him it'll be your fault," he said seriously.

     "You're acting crazy."