Chapter 4: Honey

Song Recommendation: 100K by YNW Melly "Lord please forgive me for all of this sinning Young Nigga World, Lord, I would never betray you"

Aubrey portrayed by Drake duhhhhh:

    "We gotta fuckin' snake, bro

    "We gotta fuckin' snake, bro." Aubrey's voice sounded full of disappointment as he let his boss and brother in on the lousy report.

    Dave found himself watching this girl sleep, her big curly hair framed her face on his bed and her freckles lined her cheekbones. Now that's a sight he could watch forever. He didn't really expect for his brother to have to call him  with this kind of news but that's the life of dope dealing.

    "How you know?" He asked.

    "First off the trap was shot up. Now the numbers for each transaction looking fucking crazy,"Aubrey explained.

    Before he knew it, he was preparing to leave the comfort of his bed with his baby to further discuss the statement from Aubrey. It broke his heart that he couldn't wake her up and give her an honest explanation as to why he was leaving her. Instead, Dave decided on fleeing his home without an explanation in hopes that she didn't wake up before he got back. It'll be quick, it was just something he had to confront. The sooner the better.

    When he stood up and softly placed her body on the bed, he heard a moan escape from her lips before she was subconsciously rubbing the spot Dave once slept in. His heart strings tugged as he leaned over and pecked her forehead. She was already growing an attachment before she could even discern.

***

    He was speeding through all the stop signs and red lights because he just couldn't bring himself to care. It gave him anxiety knowing someone close to his perimeters was fucking with not just him, but his money too. He worked really hard picking the right people to entrust and work with. This doesn't help the plans he had with Sage to be more unsuspecting, so she could stop questioning him. Even if she's not verbally saying it he can tell she got a wandering mind. Sage didn't just accept what people told her, she always went right to digging deeper.

    Dave finally pulled into the front of the trap house located in the southside of Queens and hopped out his Number Seven benz.

    "Yo East." Aubrey greeted his brother with a dap and lead the way into the bedroom upstairs. "So bro what the fuck? What we finna do?"

    East leaned back sparking a blunt he rolled before leaving. Lord knows he needed a smoke to clear his mind. Aubrey did the same with the blunt that was already on the coffee table in front of them. "We finna check all them niggas. But let me see the data."

    Aubrey took a pull from his blunt before reaching into his suitcase and pulling out a macbook pro. He set it on the table before showing East, "Bro this shit don't make sense."

    "Who giving out these discounts? You right...someone fuckin' with us." Dave peered over at the laptop screen before inhaling smoke again. The information he was looking at didn't make sense and it made him angry, but luckily he had weed to calm his nerves.

Aubrey nodded in agreeance as his boss' grasp the things he was showing him, but he wanted to know the next move so he can prepare. "What you thinkin'?"

"I'mma check them new niggas and then move security around a bit for now. Ion' want no one knowing we catching on, but soon somebody finna die." And with that Dave let a cloud of smoke slip from his lips. 

    "You fuckin' my girl's friend? That girl all she talmbout."Aubrey chuckled. He knew Dave brought her home but that was about it. He's very protective of any girl he decides to fuck with beyond sex, he knew that much about his bro. Dave only loved one girl that broke his heart two years before and that was his first and last time getting his heartbroken. After that incident he became the heartbreaker, playing with bitches heads making them think they're getting into a relationship, fucking them and then never talking to them again.

    Aubrey just didn't like none of these bitches either, but Ella was quirky and different in his eyes. He just couldn't stay away since that night he first saw her in her drunken state. He didn't know what he wanted from her but he'd be damned if he seen another nigga get her.

    "They gerbers, bro. We can't let 'em around the shit we into." East was referring to their lifestyle. He didn't want to admit to himself he liked her more than he thought he would. Prior to their hang out, he certainly seen her beauty more than anything, but afterward they seemed to match on a greater level.

    All Aubrey could do was agree as he'd do anything to protect the people he cared about and loved.

***

    "Where were you?" Sage's voice was laced with concern. As soon as she heard the door open, she stood up and paced over to East. East sat on the stool by his bar and motioned for her to come over which she complied.

    "Were you up this whole time, baby?" He took in her slightly disheveled appearance and the dark shadow underneath her eyes, she was still clad in the sweatshirt he got her to put on while she was half asleep and half awake. All she could do was nod in response as she stepped between his legs and waited for him to answer her question.

    "It was an emergency. I had to leave for a minute. Don't worry about me, okay?" He grabbed her and sat her on his lap, placing kisses up and down her neck. A moan creeped from her lips, it was barely audible but he caught it anyways.

    Sometimes she felt like she was being too invasive by the way he answered her questions. She doesn't know what came over her to press him like that but she was simply curious. After all, she was in his home. She couldn't help but blurt her next line of questions. "What emergency? What did you get into?"

    Dave damned himself for not being able to just come out and be truthful, but he didn't want to be that person. He thought that maybe if he gave her foggy replies she would see he doesn't want to answer and she would back off, but she didn't and he kind of liked that about her. Kinda.

"It's about my business, somebody stealin' and shit." He replied simply.

"You mean like embezzlement?" Sage gasped.

"Yeah... embezzlement." Shit, that what they call it?

"Sorry then. Are you high?" She asked noticing his eyes were red and low. He also smelled of the cologne he always wore and a faint whiff of weed.

"As a bitch. Now kiss me and stop interrogatin' a nigga." Sage laughed as she dipped down and kissed his soft lips.

End note: EMBEZZLE?? Lmfaooo I be weak as fuck when writing Sage because I assume that's how my naive ass be when someone lying to me and I accept it.