Chapter 21: Enceinte

Song recommendation: Fuck it I Love You by Lana Del Rey "Turns out everywhere you go you take yourself, that's not a lie"
The light peeking through the crack of the bathroom curtains annoyed Sage as she bent over the toilet. This was the third time she puked and she hoped it was the last. She had rushed to the bathroom after feeling a wave of nausea for the second morning this week. She wasn't stupid, she knew exactly what this was. Her eyes watered as she eliminated the remains of whatever she ate last night into the toilet bowl.

This absolutely frightened her, she did not want to bring another life into this world just yet. She groaned at the slight mess she made on Dave's---their toilet and the fact that she is 95% sure she is carrying his baby. Her phone pinged with a text from Ella: "Open your door. I have it." Her heart dropped at the sight of the text, the pregnancy test will confirm something she already had a strong feeling about. Any other time she would be off the wall excited to see her friend but knowing what she's holding behind the door made it hard for her.

She snatched the jar of lysol wipes on the side of the toilet and polished the seat. After peeling herself from the ground Sage trudged to the door and left it ajar before she turned back around. "I'm doomed." were the first words that flew out her mouth. Ella rolled her eyes and tore open the two in one pregnancy box.

"I doubt it! You're just dramatic." Ella had on large sunglasses which made Sage burst out laughing. "What?"

"I just can't with them glasses!" Sage proclaimed.

Ella took off her oversized sunglasses, revealing her eyes, "Better? You're still not pregnant." Sage scoffed. "But if you are, don't kill me."

"Screw you. Let me just pee and see once and for all." The girls made their way to the bathroom in the hallway. Ella read the instructions and the symbols that indicate whether you're pregnant or not and read them outloud.

"You ready?"

"Yeah, pass it." She tossed the stick to her and waited for her to pee on it. Sage ripped off a piece of tissue and wiped it while her hands were shaking.

"Here," she shoved the stick into Ella's hand again.

"Want me to read it?" She questioned. Sage nodded and they waited the time that they needed.

"It's time..." Ella flipped the stick around and all the air left her chest when she read the eight letter word on the tiny screen. Sage still had her face in her hands, feeling extremely nervous.

"Y-you're...you're pregnant." The last part was like a hush but Sage heard it anyways, a look of bewilderment placed on her face when she looked up.

"Are you sure?" Her hand flew to the stick in Ella's hand and seized it. Her mouth hung open at the words. Even though she already had her suspensions with the sudden change in the taste of food, the morning sickness and the strange cycle she still gaped at the confirmation. It was like a constant alert whenever she was experiencing a certain symptom: you're probably pregnant but she didn't wanna believe it.

"Here, try this one!" She gave her the other pregnancy test. "Hold that and I'll be right back with some water." It wasn't long before she came back with a bottle of Fiji water and passed it to Sage. She gulped it down and waited until she had to pee again. You could hear a pin drop as they waited for the results of the second test.

"Same shit..." She whispered. She was too exhausted to cry, instead she wanted to curl up and go to sleep forever. She cleaned herself up only to go right back to the tile floor, Ella sitting beside her like she always did.
    "You have to tell David soon, you know." Ella finally interrupted the hush over the room.

"I don't even know if I wanna keep it," she groaned, rubbing her forehead.

Ella stared at her, shocked that she would even suggest any other option than keeping it. She didn't know Dave well enough but from the looks of their relationship having a baby isn't the worst that could happen. "Sage..."

"I know but like, I have my whole life I didn't get to live yet, and now..." She slumped even further to the ground and Look, you know I support you and everything that you do, but you literally just found out about this," She turned to look at her friend but her eyes were still close, "you don't have to make a decision right now but think hard about it."

Sage was going to reply when they heard Dave walk in. She shot up and shoved the boxes and wrapper into the trash can. Ella took the tests and rinsed them off again before putting them in her bag.

"I'm gonna put them in your favorite Chanel bag so you have 'em." She told her and left the bathroom.

     "Baby, you up?" He followed the noise to the bathroom by the living room where she was at

"Hi," she welcomed him with a hug. He was gonna bend down to kiss her but she yanked her head back. "I just threw up." She cringed at how childish she sounded but she didn't want him to find out by kissing her.
He scrunched up his face, "You sick?"

Definitely feeling under the weather here and there," she grabbed his waist and leaned on his chest.

"Let me take care of you, you don't need to be out of bed anyways. Go back," he rubbed her back and pecked her forehead, towering over her.

"No babe, Ella's here."

"Alright, what you think you sick with though?"

"Nothing," she sounded muffled as her face buried into his chest. He was still clad in his coat and streetwear.

"So go brush yo teeth so I can kiss you." He ordered. He was so ready to greet her the proper way. Of course Sage agreed, but all she can really think of was about the baby they conceived together and what she wanted to do.

      Endnote: & that's all for now my fave people 💓. Forgive me for the long wait with TWO chapters. THANK YOU AGAIN for all the love. Also, don't get too comfortable cause this ain't nothing yet. Crazy shit didn't even start 🤫.

 Crazy shit didn't even start 🤫