bonus chapter: a nice dinner

SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE

This bonus chapter will deviate from the cannon since the ending to ROA is different than the manga. Please kindly disregard timeline and continuity issues and just read it as given (it's just meant to be a cute extra long bonus chapter)- thank you!

This is dedicated to @danoosh_reads who gave me the awesome idea for this!

Also- because you know our completely lovestruck Kat&Levi- expect some mature themes.

I hope you like it!

THE OPEN WINDOW WELCOMED THE STEADY BREEZE into the quaint room and the sunlight warmed the two bodies laying on the modest bed. 

The raven-haired woman sighed deeply, a soft smile gracing her lips as she opened her eyes and welcomed the day. The sheet dropped around her waist as she sat up and stretched her arms above her head, humming to herself as she cracked her neck. 

"Stay the fuck in bed."

She rolled her eyes as she looked down at her partner, whose left hand was draped over his eyes as his right hand wrapped around her waist and tugged her back down. 

She chuckled as she obeyed his command, shoving her legs in between his and resting her head on his bare chest. "Good morning to you too, Levi."

"Fine," Levi mumbled as he rolled over to the side and pulled her naked body closer to his, nuzzling his nose in the crown of her head and kissing her forehead. "Good morning, Katerina." 

"Now that's more like it," she laughed, pecking at his chest while her hand splayed against his back, bringing him impossibly closer. "You have no idea how much I've missed hearing that."

In truth, Katerina had missed it more than words could possibly describe. Levi, along with the rest of the squad, had returned a few days ago from a three-month-long expedition which had left her full of worry and anxious tension. 

When she had heard through the grapevine that they were coming back, she had been immediately filled with panicked excitement. She had rushed home from the tea shop that she now owned and ran straight to Mrs. Kirstein's. They had spent three days cleaning the entire house, rearranging all the furniture, and stocking the fridge full of food.

Katerina had changed her outfit seven times the morning of their return, knowing that Levi wouldn't give a damn what she wore (more than likely preferring nothing), but that didn't stop her from wanting to look her best. 

The reunion had been everything she had expected and more. She was in tears when they all came galloping on their horses, seemingly just as eager and frenzied to see her as she was to see them.