Chapter 15

Fitz's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe that Sophie had just agreed to hang out with me. True, it was technically just a meetup, but I didn't even think she'd agree to that, so I was over the moon happy. But I had to focus on this test for now, no matter how much I wanted to think about Sophie. It was worth a lot of our final grade after all. 

"You may begin!" Mr. Matthwes announced. 

I tried to ignore the fact that Sophie was right in front of me and that we were going to meet up tomorrow. It was hard, but I managed to get through the test and felt confident as I turned it in and walked towards the cafeteria. Since today and tomorrow were exam days, we were allowed to just hang out in the cafeteria if we had extra time after completing your test. I knew that Sophie had already finished her test so I hoped that she would be sitting at our table. 

"Hi, Fitzy! Done with the test already?" Keefe asked. 

"Keefe? What are you doing here?" I asked as I sat down at the table. 

"I'm here because I already finished the test! Duh!" 

"Okay... But how are you done so quickly? You didn't even study! Besides, I didn't even see you leave." 

"That's where you're wrong! First off, I DID study, and second off, you didn't see me leave because you were too busy dreaming about Sophie," He teased. I decided to ignore the last part and focused on the first. 

"You studied?" I asked. "Like, ACTUALLY sat down with books and notes and studied???" 

"Uh, yeah! I actually studied with Marella," Keefe replied. 

"When did that happen?" 

"Well, you see, I was ditch- I mean, I was strolling around during lunch when I happened to run into Marella! And so we just decided to study together," Keefe explained. 

"Let me get this straight. You DITCHED SCHOOL so you could STUDY FOR SCHOOL? Do you see the irony in this?" I asked. 

"No, I DON'T see the iron, and I didn't JUST study, I studied WITH MARELLA! It's a lot more fun to study with someone else, plus my photographic memory helped me keep all the info in my head till the exam today." 

"Keefe, do you see why I'm so frustrated? I WANT to believe you, but you just thought I said IRON instead of IRONY! And earlier, you couldn't even say quarrel!" 

"Please do not bring up the squirrels again. That conversation gave me a HUGE headache." 

"It gave YOU a headache?" I exclaimed. I sighed, wondering what was going with Keefe's brain. 

"I know I don't have the best track record with studying-" 

"Yeah, no kidding. The last time I tried to get you to study, you snuck out of CAMPUS," I interrupted. Keefe rolled his eyes. 

"That was ONE time!" 

"Uh, CORRECTION. That was the FIFTH time." 

"Really? Huh. Fine then, I have the WORST track record with studying. Happy now?" I nodded as Keefe continued. "But I really did study with Marella!"

"WHO STUDIED WITH MARELLA?" Biana shouted from the other side of the cafeteria. I rubbed my temples as Biana ran to our table. Luckily, the only people here were the lunch ladies since most students were still taking the test. 

"Biana! Lower your voice!" I exclaimed. She rolled her eyes at me in return. 

"Why? No one's even in here! Besides, I heard that someone studied with Marella! That is a potential secret revealing conversation and I want to be here for it!"