Chapter 4

Fitz's P.O.V.

Convincing Keefe to do his homework was not an easy job. Eventually, after nearly 20 minutes of arguing, he agreed to do it. But helping him actually do it was a whole other story. He'd stop every five minutes to ask a silly question and could barely stay on task for long enough to complete one sentence of his essay or one problem for math. After a grueling 5 hours, he finally finished his homework. I was pretty much already asleep by then and sleepwalked to my bed and collapsed on it. I was drifting off to sleep when I heard Keefe's voice. Of course. 

"Fitz! We have to plan our hangout. Are you sleeping?"

"Yeah," I mumbled through my pillow.

"Why?" I groaned and sat up on my bed to face Keefe.

"Because it's almost midnight. And I'm tired. From helping you with homework for FIVE HOURS! Now, just let me go to sleep."

"No can do! As your dorm mate, best friend, and wingman, I am obliged to do whatever necessary to help you out. And if that means talking to you all night until you talk back, so be it."

"That's not even a thing!" I protested. 

"Yes, it is," Keefe replied.

"No, it isn't. You are not obliged to keep me up all night." 

"Yes, I am. It's all part of the code." I was getting frustrated and even more tired at this point.

"What code! There is no code!" I exclaimed in an exasperated tone.

"There is a code! I would know since I'm the one who created it!" 

"Well, do you have a legal document that states that it is an actual code?" 

"A legal doctor? What? Why would I need a doctor?" I sighed. It was honestly amazing that he even made it to his final year of school. 

"Document. A legal document."

"Ohhh. I see."

"Yeah, so do you have one?" I asked. 

"Do I have what?"

"Arghh! This is all pointless. I'm going back to sleep," I said, giving up.

"Fine. But we have to plan the hangout tomorrow! We're running out of time!" 

"It's a hangout! Not a royal ball! What even is there to plan!?"

"You know what, you're right," Keefe told me. 

 "Thank you. Now, can we go to sleep?" 

"That this isn't a royal ball," He added. " I should probably cancel the chandelier."

"YES. YOU SHOULD CANCEL THE CHANDELIER. Why would you even order a chandelier!" 

"Because I thought the theme was a royal ball. Duh."

"No! Not duh! You can't just order a chandelier without telling me!" 

"Don't worry Fitzy, I ordered a really nice one for a great price!" I slapped my forehead.

"That's not what I meant. What I meant was you shouldn't order a chandelier at all! Or any other ridiculous items for that matter," I clarified.

"But what if-"

"No."

"How about if-"

"No"

"Not even if-"

"No!"

"Fine, no ridiculous items," Keefe agreed. "But I'm just saying, they're not ridiculous."

"So you think a huge chandelier in our tiny dorm room is not at all ridiculous?" 

"Nope! It's practical!"

"How in the world is it practical!" 

 "What if, we need to make a REALLY BIG pizza, and it doesn't fit in the microwave? We'd have a really big pizza on our hands, with no way of cooking it! That's where the chandelier comes into play. We position it just right so the sun hits the chandelier, then hits our pizza, cooking it right in the middle of our room!" I started to argue back but realized that there was no way of winning this conversation with Keefe. I sighed and just laid back down on my bed, hoping Keefe's mind would be stuck on the whole big-pizza-chandelier-cooking idea and forget about keeping me awake. But no such luck.

"Fitz."

"Fitz"

"Fitzy! Fitzy! Fitzy! Fitzy!" 

"Stop!" I shouted, sitting up on my bed once more. "Why can't you just let me rest in peace?"

"Because. Where's the fun in that?" Keefe responded. I rolled my eyes.

"What's it gonna take for you to go to sleep?"

"Nothing!" Keefe exclaimed unreasonably. "I will never go to sleep!" I rubbed my temples, wondering if I'd ever get to go to sleep. That's when I got an idea.

"What if, I let you buy ONE ridiculous item every 5 months?" I suggested. Keefe looked like he was deep in thought. 

"How about 2?" Keefe bargained. "I'll let you go to sleep at night without bothering you."

"Fine, but you have to do your homework without complaining in addition," I reasoned.

"Deal!" Keefe agreed. 

"Okay then. Good night," I told Keefe. I laid down on my bed for the final time and closed my eyes as I floated off to sleep. 

That night, I dreamt of huge chandeliers in a royal ballroom, dancing with a beautiful blonde girl. Sophie.

A/N This is pretty much how I think a conversation between Keefe and Fitz would go if they were humans. Vote if you agree! I know that this wasn't exactly necessary, but it was extremely fun, and hilarious, to write. I hope you guys found it funny as well. :) Leave a comment below if you want to see more chapters like this! Bye and until next time!