Chapter 30

Tam's P.O.V.

I had a really big problem. Not just any problem, but a really big one. I had planned everything out perfectly for our date, but then the stupid restaurant people canceled our reservations! Now, I had no idea what to do. Was that even legal? How could they just cancel my reservation? It seemed completely unfair. And now, I had a date with absolutely no plan. Should I tell Biana? I wondered. She was very good at solving problems. But then again, I didn't want to disappoint her. 

"Um, Tam? Are you okay? You've been standing still for the past few minutes..." Biana said, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Just give me one second..." I had to make a decision. It was now or never. I should probably tell her the truth. That was the right thing to do. But was it? Maybe the right thing to do was to not burden her with this huge problem. It was a big dilemma. Normally, I did pretty well in decision-making, but this was such a ginormous decision! 

I sighed. I didn't want to start my relationship with Biana with a lie, so I decided to just tell her the truth. 

"Okay, so here's the thing, Biana... I set up these reservations!" I started off. "But then the stupid people canceled it," I muttered. 

"Oh. Well, it's not a big deal!" Biana assured, cheerfully. "I mean, it's not the end of the world. Their loss for losing the best customers ever." A smile started forming on my lips.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. So I think we just... Decide as we go along?" I suggested. 

"That sounds fun! We can be spontaneous." 

"But not too spontaneous." I shook my head. "We don't want to be like Keefe," I murmured. 

"Oh, stop it!" Biana said with a smile, playfully batting my arm. "So where do you want to go now? I suppose we could go anywhere. Within the city, I mean." 

"Well, I'm a little hungry. We could still go eat dinner." 

"Didn't you have that pizza Keefe brought?" Biana asked. I shook my head. 

"I didn't have time to eat it. And besides, I wouldn't eat anything Keefe brought anyways." Biana looked at me with her head cocked.

"Why not? It's not like he would poison it."

"Yes, but he has this chest full of pranking supplies... And I'd rather not chance it." 

"Hmm, good point! Now, where should we go for dinner?" 

"Well," I said, thinking about our options. "There aren't many restaurants around here. We could just walk around until we find something." Biana seemed deep in thought before a mischievous grin appeared on her face.

"Or..." she said, "we could totally spy on the other dates!" 

"Uhh, are you sure that's a good idea?" I asked. It seemed like a very bad idea to me. 

"Of course! We have to do this!" she squealed. "We can go to the shops and buy all the spy equipment!" I still wasn't exactly convinced. Biana seemed to notice this as a twinkle of amusement came into her eyes. "We could spy on Linh and Dex..." My ears perked up at that. 

"Really? That would be interest- No! No, we can't! It's wrong," I corrected myself. Biana crossed her arms and pouted. 

"Please? Please, please please???" she begged. "It'd be such a fun first date!" I thought it over in my mind. I really did like Biana, and if this was what she wanted to do, then I suppose I'd be okay with it. Plus, I'd get to make sure Linh was alright...