Chapter 14

Sophie's P.O.V.

"I totally passed that history test," Keefe told us. 

"You mean the history test you didn't study for?" Fitz asked sarcastically. 

"Yep! That one." 

"And why exactly are you so confident?" Tam questioned. 

"Because all the questions were SUPER easy!" Keefe replied. "I basically took 2 minutes to finish the entire thing!" Everyone looked at him quite skeptically as Keefe continued persisting that he "totally aced" the test. 

"Hey, guys!" Biana exclaimed as she sat down at the table. 

"Thank goodness you're here. Keefe is being so annoying!" Tam complained. 

"Tam! We both agreed that you would start replacing negative words with positives!" Linh argued. 

"Uh, and when exactly did that happen?" 

"Don't you remember? We were talking for like an hour straight!" 

"No? That doesn't sound like something I'd agree to..." 

"Huh. Well then, remind me to have a chat with you later."

"I don't think bangs boy's darkness is going to go away with just ONE chat," Keefe said. Tam rolled his eyes. 

"It has as much chance of going away as your arrogance," Tam responded. 

"Seriously guys. We can't have a Tam and Keefe quarrel EVERY day. That is way too much drama and fighting," Biana says. 

"You guys have squirrels named Tam and Keefe? Awesome! Can I see them?" Keefe asked. Fitz slapped his forehead, and I didn't blame him. 

"Uh, I'm pretty sure she meant QUARREL. It means like a disagreement or argument between people who are normally on good terms," I explained. 

"Oh... Okay! So can I PLEASE see the squirrel now?" Keefe asked again. 

"There is no squirrel!" Fitz exclaimed. 

"Then why did Biana say she had a Keefe squirrel?" 

"She didn't! She said a QUARREL!" 

"I thought you said she didn't say squirrel!" 

"Oh my gosh, Keefe. You are getting on everyone's nerves. There is a difference between SQUIRREL and QUARREL. One is an animal, the other isn't!" Marella tried to explain. 

"You see, to me, it just sounds like you're saying squirrel and squirrel." 

"Well, there's a huge difference, so I think you better learn how to differentiate them," I told Keefe. 

"How am I supposed to tell them apart if they sound the exact same!" Keefe complained. 

"THEY DON'T!" Fitz exclaimed. "They don't even sound that close to each other!" 

"This is what happens when you ditch all the time..." Tam murmured, which was followed by an ouch, probably caused by Linh. 

"Okay Keefe, repeat after me. SQUIRREL," Biana pronounced.

"Squirrel," Keefe replied. 

"Good! Now, QUARREL." 

"Squirrel." 

"No, QUARREL."

"SQUIRREL." 

"QUARREL!" 

"SQUIRREL!"