Chapter 5

Fitz's P.O.V.

After last night's wonderful dream, I wanted to sleep forever. But I knew it was time to get up for breakfast and our classes. Plus, Sophie and a bunch of our friends would be coming over today! At the thought of Sophie coming over, I scrambled out of bed, tripping over my feet as a result. I landed on the floor but quickly got up and dusted myself off.

"Keefe! Wake up! We have a MAJOR issue!" I exclaimed.

"5 more minutes..." Keefe mumbled. I rolled my eyes at that. It was NEVER just five more minutes. It was normally more like 20 more minutes. But I didn't have 20 minutes to spare this morning. We had to clean our room today, which I was sure Keefe wouldn't want to do. So I had to get a little creative in order to get Keefe up.

"Keefe! The pizza is here!" As soon as those words left my mouth, Keefe shot out of bed faster than I had ever seen him. 

"Where? Where's the pizza?" Keefe asked. I couldn't help but burst out into laughter. Keefe stood there, confused as ever.

"Stop laughing and tell me where the pizza is!" Keefe demanded.

"T-there's no pizza," I managed to say when my laughter calmed down.

"WHAT? Then why did you say that?" 

"Because I needed to wake you up, and nothing ever seems to work. But I finally found a way to wake you up! Bribing you with treats!" Keefe crossed his arms and squinted his eyes at me.

"Don't worry, you're going to like the reason why I woke you up," I reasoned. Keefe didn't look convinced.

"We're going to start getting ready for the hangout!" Keefe's face lightened up at that as he bombarded me with questions.

"What's the theme going to be?"

"What are we going to do during it?"

"What're the snacks going to be?" 

"What are we going to wear?" 

"We are so underprepared!!!"

"Calm down Keefe, it's not as complicated as you're thinking. We'll just figure it out as we go. But the first step is-"

"Choosing the theme?" Keefe interrupted.

"No, its-"

"The snacks?" Keefe interrupted again.

"NO! It's-"

"OOh! I know, our clothes!"

"KEEFE! NO! It's cleaning up our room!" Keefe looked extremely disappointed. 

"But why? I don't want to clean our room!" 

"Because our room is a mess! Well, mainly your side, but still! We have to clean it up." Keefe stood there like a statue.

"Pretending to be frozen isn't going to work," I told Keefe. He unfroze.

"Fine. But I still don't want to clean our room. It's so boring!"

"All of our friends are coming over. Plus your girlfriend and my crush. Do you really want them to think that we're slobs?" I asked.

"No," Keefe mumbled after a while. 

"Okay then. You start with your things and I'll start with mine."

30 minutes later, our room was the cleanest it had ever been.

"Great job Keefe! Should we get some breakfast now?" I suggested. 

"Yes! I'm starving!"

We quickly changed and walked downstairs to the cafeteria. I got some toast and eggs with a bowl of fruits and sat down at my usual table with my friends.