Chapter 26

Sophie's P.O.V.

"Okay, Sophie, you're first!" Biana exclaimed. I sighed. 

"Alright, what do you want me to do?" I asked. 

"Nothing! Just sit here and I'll have you ready in no time! It's as simple as that." I was absolutely sure that it wasn't as simple as that, but I sat down at the vanity obediently. Biana quickly got out a bunch of makeup and started brushing it all on me. It was like a huge sandstorm on my face. 

"Biana!" I managed to sputter out. "I'm getting powdered everywhere!" Biana momentarily stopped brushing my face and looked at the mess she had made. 

"Oh my... Sorry, Sophie, I guess my mind is elsewhere today."

"It's fine..." I replied, standing up and brushing some of the powder off. Then I took the moment as an opportunity to get out of makeup. "So can we not do makeup?" Biana shook her head.

"Of course not! I'll be more focused, now, sit please." I sat back down again and this time, Biana's strokes were much more controlled. 15 minutes later, she was done. "All done!" Biana announced. "Linh's turn!" I stood up and sat on the floor. 

Marella, sitting next to me, whispered, "What do you think Biana's worried about?" 

"Worried?" I whispered back. "I don't think she's worried..." Marella gestured towards Biana's face, which did seem worried about something. 

"She's clearly worried, right?" Marella asked. I nodded in confirmation. 

"But I guess we'll never know." 

"Unless we ask," Marella responded, and she was already asking Biana the question before I could stop her. "What's on your mind, Biana?" 

"What do you mean," she replied absentmindedly. 

"Something's clearly bothering you." 

"Oh, um, well, I guess I'm just a little nervous," she admitted. 

"About what?" I asked. 

"My date. It's my first one, you know? And those are apparently really scary..." 

"Uh, who told you that?" Marella questioned. 

"I think I was 4 when Fitz told me." Marella laughed out loud. 

"And you believed your older brother's relationship advice?" 

"Well, I was only 4!" Biana replied defensively. 

"I know, but he probably said it so you wouldn't go out on dates and stuff. It's what older brothers do," Marella explained. 

"I can vouch for that. Tammy does that all the time to me," Linh added. 

"So it's not scary?" Biana asked. 

"Of course not!" Marella reassured. "It's a lot of fun." 

"Huh. Alright then, that makes me feel a lot better. Thanks!" 

"No problem!" 

"And remind me to talk to Fitz later about this," Biana continued. 

"Got it." 

"Great! Now I can do your guys' makeovers twice as fast!" Biana exclaimed. I sighed at this, not wanting to do any more makeovers, but was happy that Biana was feeling much better about her date. And with that thought, I started wondering how my first date with Fitz would go. 

Fitz's P.O.V. 

"Where do you think Keefe is?" Dex asked me. 

"Um, I'm not really sure... He can be unpredictable at times..." I replied.