Chapter 3

Fitz's P.O.V.

I had to do it. I had to talk to Sophie. But I didn't know If she would even want to come to our hangout. And if she didn't come, I would never be able to look into her beautiful brown eyes again. 

"Fitz. Stop doing that. It's giving me a headache!" Keefe exclaimed. 

"Doing what?" I asked. 

"Walking in circles around our room? You've been doing that for TEN. WHOLE. MINUTES." I realized that I was still walking, and sat down on my chair. 

"Sorry, I pace when I get nervous."

"I've been your best friend for 13 years! Of course I know that. Which is how I also know that you're pacing around because you're nervous to talk to Sophie." 

I nodded my head in response.

"My advice, just go for it. I mean, what's the worse that could happen?" Keefe said while shrugging. 

"Uh- That's the advice you told yourself the last FIVE times you almost got expelled," I argued.

"Really? Wow, the numbers are WAY off in my head. I thought that only happened once!" 

"This is what happens when you spend your math class doodling."

"Hey! My doodles are about math!" 

"Really. How so?"

"I doodle, about how boring math class is!" 

"I don't think that counts..."

"Whatever, we've sidetracked. The point is, you have to just go for it!" Keefe told me. Maybe Keefe was right. Maybe I should just go for it.

"Alright, I'm gonna go for it." Then I made my way to the door, opened it, and locked it behind me before I could change my mind. I stood there in the hallway for a few seconds, as it dawned on me that I didn't even know where Sophie's dorm was. I checked my pockets for the key to our dorm so I could go back inside and think a little more. But it wasn't there. I must've forgotten it when I was in a rush to just go for it. I knocked on the door.

"Keefe! Can you open the door for me? I forgot my keys."

"No way!" Keefe hollered out from inside our room. "You are going to talk to Sophie!" 

"Yeah, but-" I tried to say.

"No excuses! Now go! I'm gonna put on my headphones and I'm definitely not opening the door, so go talk to Sophie!"  

"Keefe, you don't understand! I don't know what her dorm number is!" I shouted. There was no response. Dang it, he must've put on his headphones. I sat down against the door to think. But as soon as I sat down, a blonde girl at the end of the hallway passed me. I got up to follow her since I was pretty sure it was Sophie. Once I got close enough, I took in a deep breath and called out her name.

"Sophie?" The girl turned around. 

"Yeah..." Sophie answered. When our eyes met, I couldn't seem to think. All the words disappeared out of my head. Finally, after a long minute, I seemed to be able to move my mouth again. 

"Hi, I'm Fitz. We're in the same English class," I introduced. 

"Hi," She replied back. 

"So the reason why I wanted to talk to you was so I could ask you something. Keefe, my dorm mate, and I are having a hangout in our room tomorrow at 5, room 217. We were planning on inviting some of our friends, and since I figured you were new here, I wanted to invite you." Sophie's lips curved upward. 

"Really? That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm sort of an outcast here, skipping a grade and all, so I would love to come and meet some new people." This time, I felt a smile form on my face. 

"Great! I'll see you then?" Sophie nodded in reply and waved good bye as she walked into the dorm right next to her. It said 225. After memorizing the number, I walked back towards my dorm, feeling excited. I mean, the girl of my dreams just agreed to hangout with me! But it is a group hangout, so maybe she just wanted to meet more people. I sighed, wondering why this was all so complicated. When I reached my dorm, I knocked on the door extra hard so Keefe would hear me.

"Let me in Keefe! I already talked to Sophie!" I heard footsteps come towards the door and a click sound. The door opened to reveal a grinning Keefe. I walked in and sat on my chair, took out my laptop, and started working on my essay. I had been working for less than a minute when Keefe interrupted me.

"Fitz."

"Wow, a new record! 47 seconds passed until you interrupted me," I said sarcastically.

"Very funny. But seriously, tell me SOMETHING about what happened!"

"Well, I just talked to her. I invited her to our place to hang at 5 tomorrow, and she said yes." 

"You know, I didn't think a person could be so boring during a mission! Where's all the action? The drama! The risks!" Keefe exclaimed.

 "Keefe, it's my love life. Not an action movie..." 

"Ooh! I have an idea. Why don't we script this and send it off to a movie making company! We would have to tweak a few things to make it more interesting-"

"Keefe! We are NOT making my love life into a movie!" 

"But this is one of my greatest ide-"

"Nope!" I interrupted this time. "That idea is not on the table. In fact, it's not even in the room."

"Fine. I guess we can do something else."

"That something else better be your homework. You have to finish it if you want to graduate this year."

"Nooooo," Keefe groaned. 

"You're doing it," I said, concluding the conversation. Keefe let out a long sigh and started mumbling under his breath, probably about me. But at least he was getting his books out. I turned my attention back to my essay and started writing it. 

At around 6pm, I finished all of my homework and turned to see how much Keefe had done. But it was probably none since he was sleeping on his bed. 

"KEEFE!" I shouted. Keefe's eyes shot open.

"Whaa-?" 

"Did you get any homework done?" I asked hopefully. Keefe blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes before answering.

"I dunno. The last thing I remember is you telling me to do my homework."

"You are so gonna fail if you don't start taking your classes seriously." Keefe's only response was a shrug. 

"Whatever. We have to go to dinner right now." 

"Yes! I love dinner!" Keefe replied.

"And you're finishing your homework afterwards."

"Dang it! But fine. And only if you work on the part- I mean hangout". 

"Fine," I agreed.

"Okay then! Let's go eat!"

A/N 3rd chapter is complete! Thank you if you're reading this and please vote or comment if you like this story. I don't have a lot of readers right now, but I still love writing this story for the readers I do have. On to writing the next chapter!