The Beginning

Malik's POV

"I gotta go ma, I'm coming back."

"You always do this, Malik!"

"I know and I'm sorry, boo."

"Yeah right." I kiss her on the cheek and leave. She tripping, don't nobody want her ass but me."

I am hiding a secret from her, but I don't think she can take the truth.

I head to my hideout to meet with my crew.

"Yo boss, someone hacked into our truck."

"Find the bitch and kill them."

"You got it." That's one of my trustees from my hometown. His name is Mark. I have some calls to make, so bye.

Monique's POV

I can't believe this. He begs me to stay, but when I do the same, he leaves. I just hope he's not doing anything wrong.

I get up to get our son ready. Our son's name is Daniel.

I get up for work. Today's outfit is the same as always. Uniform.

I get Daniel ready for school and in the bus

"I love you mommy."

"I love you, too!"

Now that I'm dressed for work, I call one of my coworkers for a ride. They're on the way!

As we're opening, the boss comes in. He looks around the restaurant, nodding in satisfaction.

"Um, sir we're waiting for the rest of the shift to come in, may I get you anything?"

He smiles at me, causing my heart to flutter. "Yes ma'am, I'd like some coffee."

"Yes sir, coming right up!"

Andre's POV

I sit and wait for my coffee. The waitress seems nice. She was staring at me, but it was cute.

When she comes with my coffee, I look at her name tag, Monique.
That's a pretty name. She clears her throat, so I snap out of it.

"Is that all sir?"

"Yes ma'am. Thank you." Ad she retreats, I look at her ass, and goodness gracious. I start rubbing my palms.

After receiving the check, I look around the restaurant and like what I see. Customers at almost every booth and table. She and her teammates are getting shit done. Just how I like my businesses run.

"Thanks for the coffee, Monique. I will be a returning customer if yours."

"No problem sir. Thanks for coming." She's kind. I leave there, going home.

Monique's POV

"Girl, do you know who that is while you're standing there looking like a blushing chocolate babydoll?"

My smile disappears. "Who?" I ask.

"He's your boss." I rub my neck and get back to work, trying to forget about my boss.

"What's his name?"

"I don't know."

"You are no help whatsoever, you know that, Crystal?"

"Yep." I laugh at her. The day goes on and I think about Malik.

"Earth to Monique! You have customers waiting for you." I get back to work.

During my lunch break, I treat myself to a Strawberry Cheesecake and a Brisk Strawberry Melon juice. I see the boss again. Our eyes connect, but I quickly look away, because I have a man.

Just then I think about Malik. He must be talking about me.

Malik's POV

"Nah babe, she'll be fine. I'll just tell her that I'm out of town. That way you and me can meet up. Alright, I'll see you later."

Yo, boss. I'm headed home, wifey cooking tonight. Deuces!"

"Alrighty."

I lay back and smoke my weed. My phone rings and I see it's my boo thing. Her name is Allison. She's white.

"Hey babe, are you getting ready for tonight? I'm coming through soon

"Hey babe, are you getting ready for tonight? I'm coming through soon."

I hide all my stuff and leave.

I get home before Monique's fat ass. When I'm done packing, I leave her a note.
......

Andre's POV

I make it home, shower, dress in basketball shorts, t-shirt, and socks.

My mind goes back to Monique at the restaurant. I don't know what it is, but something in me just wants something better for her. Out of all my employees, she's the only one that had left sm impressive mark with her kindness and gratitude.

I get this feeling in my chest that something bad is gonna happen to her. Why do you care Andre? You just met her today!

I turn the TV on to watch a scary movie. I laugh my ass off at the people in the movies. A text comes to my phone from a unknown number. I block them, then my mom calls.

"Hey Mom! How are you?"

"I'm good sweetie. You?"

"I'm good. Tell dad I say hi."

"His Mr. Bean looking head ass." My mom says. I laugh, silently.

"I heard that shit, Betty Boop." Wow.

"Hey son. Take care of yourself. Your mom has to surrender. Bye!" Oops.

After that, I decide to order take out. Add I'm dialing the number, Monique comes back to mind. I hope she's okay.

I get up to search profiles for her number, because shit is feeling really weird and uncomfortable.

I find it and call her immediately. She answers in the third ring.

Monique's POV

"Hello?" I  answer my phone without looking at the caller id. "Malik? Hello?"

"No Monique. It's your boss." Oh boy.

"Are you calling to fire me?"

"No. I just had this urge to check on you, plus you're doing a heck of a job at work. Keep up the good work."

"Thank you, sir. I'm fine."

"You're welcome, good night."

"Night."

Now I'm worried. I haven't heard from Malik. It's 8PM. Turning on my side, I cry myself to sleep.

He dosen't want you.
......
Hello!

COMMENT

Vote.