Kayla got up, letting the regular pianist take over for her as she grabbed the microphone from its stand and walked up to the counter where Ollie's face was bright red, but she was still smiling brightly at her.

"I'd walk through fire for you. Just let me adore you. Oh honey, I'd walk through fire for you. Just let me adore you, like it's the only thing I'll ever do. Like it's the only thing I'll ever do."

Ollie rolled her eyes when Kayla got on her knees in front of her and the song ended. One of her co-workers handed Kayla a rose and she presented it to her girlfriend, grinning. "Olive Annabelle Hunt, will you do me the great honor of being my date to the dinosaur prom?"

Ollie was trying to hold back her laughter as she stared at her before she nodded slightly. "Like I'd ever go without you."

Kayla squealed, getting up at lightning speed and picking up her girlfriend, spinning her around in her arms before she finally let her go and gave her the biggest kiss of her life. The room erupted into applause and cheers, but they couldn't hear or see it. The only thing they both knew was that in this very moment, they were completely and utterly happy.

←⧪→

"I'm gonna end my high school career just the way it started as the weird Jewish girl watching you be with the pretty blonde cheerleader!" Rachel yelled at Finn, throwing his campaign poster in his face. Kayla sighed, closing her locker shut as she went to catch up to Rachel. They hadn't talked much since her NYADA audition, mainly because she was trying to give her best friend space to think things through. Talking about it seemed to only make it worse and she did not want to be the person to upset Rachel Berry.

She walked into the bathroom where she could hear sniffling coming from the handicap stall. She frowned, walking over and knocking on it gently. "Rach?"

"Leave me alone, please." Rachel's voice trembled, but Kayla fought back. "No, let me in."

She heard a shaky breath leave Rachel's mouth as she unlocked the stall and let Kayla in. Rachel went back to the toilet, sitting down and letting herself cry again while Kayla locked the door back and leaned against it. She didn't say anything. There weren't any words could say to make things better and she was sure Rachel knew that because she looked up with frustration.

"Well? Are you gonna say anything?" she prompted and Kayla shook her head.

"No, I'm not. Whatever I say is not gonna make things better and you know that. It sucks. Life sucks and I know you're sad right now, but taking it out on Finn isn't gonna fix things." she answered, shrugging her shoulders.

Rachel wiped a tear. "Since when are you on Finn's side?"

"Since you started being selfish and yelling at him for campaigning with Quinn. It's not fair, Rachel."

She snapped. "What's not fair is that my whole life is over and he is all I have left, so excuse me for wanting to spend my prom with my fiancé and not having to share him with his ex-girlfriend!"

Kayla scoffed. "Wow, you choke on an audition and then revert back to sophomore year Berry?"

She glared at her. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"You're being a bitch, Rachel. You have not been like this since I first met you and honestly it's embarrassing to see you act like that again. Do you not remember who you were three years ago? Because I do and I could not stand her. Do not make me hate my best friend again." Kayla glared at the diva, clenching her jaw.

Rachel rolled her eyes. "You hardly hated me. You became my friend within like two weeks and started having that silly crush on me."

And of all the words to mention in their past relationship, silly crush hurt the most. Rachel knew it was more than that for both parties and hearing it condensed down to the most school-girlish terms made her want to cry. To think that she had spent two years loving this sad girl in front of her made her feel sick. She was still toxic. Even if they weren't together anymore, it was draining Kayla to have to be around Rachel like this.