11. SILLY LOVE SONGS ☑️

CHAPTER ELEVEN |
silly love songs

***

EVER SINCE HE won the game last week, Finn had been more arrogant than Kayla had ever seen him. He suddenly thought he was tough shit. On one hand, Kayla was glad that he seemed to be moving on from Rachel. He looked a lot happier, but she couldn't help but hate how big his ego had gotten. The championship game had made pretty much every girl fall at his feet and she was convinced the attention was going straight to his head.

Finn was standing in front of the glee club, proclaiming his next big idea to get the money they needed to pay for Nationals—a kissing booth.

"No one wants to kiss you." Kayla nearly gagged as she told him.

Kayla didn't notice the way Rachel's head dropped as she said it. She wouldn't admit it to Kayla, but she missed Finn. She knew it was hypocritical of her to still want him when they broke up so that she could be with her, but she couldn't help her feelings. Finn was the only guy who had ever made her feel normal. It was the same way that Kayla made her feel and that's why she was so confused. She didn't know how she could be in love with two people at the same time, but she wanted her heart to make a decision.

Finn rolled his eyes at Kayla's words and continued to try to sell his kissing booth idea. Mr. Schuester agreed to it and that was it. Kayla scoffed when Finn smirked in her direction. They were very obviously on bad terms again after the big breakup.

Kayla hated being his enemy. She hated that she had hurt him. She couldn't seem to get that image of Finn's face out of her head. Now all he did was glare at her. It was obvious he still wasn't over Rachel and Kayla was the only thing standing in between them. She was the one that stole Rachel away from him. He didn't need to know that it was Rachel who went after her. She didn't want to shove that in his face.

Only the day after, the kissing booth was up and running and it was really backing up the foot traffic in the hallways. Girls were lined up for miles to get a kiss from the quarterback. She passed the booth quite a few times with a scoff or a snort.

She was walking down the hallway with Sam. He was flipping out about his relationship with Quinn. Just last week, it was the other way around, but Sam had recently felt a change in their relationship. He thought Quinn was distancing herself and even Kayla had begun to see it.

"I just—am I being crazy or is she really ignoring me?" Sam frowned as they started walking to English class. "I feel like she's still not over Finn."

She didn't know why she suggested it, but the words came out of her mouth before she could stop herself. "Make her kiss Finn. Then you'll know for sure whether or not she still likes him."

Sam grinned. "That's a great idea!"

Kayla's eyes widened when she realized what she said and she immediately backtracked. "Wait, um—"

Before she could finish her sentence, Sam ran off. "That was a joke."

←⧪→

"What? You don't want a kiss, Kay-Kay?" Finn belittled Kayla as she passed him in the hallway, puckering her lips.

Kayla called out while she walked away. "I don't kiss little bitches!"

She didn't look back to see Finn's pout. He had become such an asshole lately and she was tired of it. She knew he was hurting, but every time he was upset, he always seemed to take it out on her. She was walking to her locker when she saw Sam pulling Quinn up to the kissing booth. She grimaced and decided to follow them. She couldn't believe he was actually going to make her kiss Finn.