18. LOVER ☑️

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN |
lover

***

KAYLA WAS WALKING down the hall when she saw Quinn struggling to get something from her locker. The blonde had basically refused to switch to a bottom locker because she was so certain she was going to be walking again soon. That's when she saw Quinn's foot fall to the floor and she stretched up a little further using her legs and Kayla's mouth basically dropped agape.

Joe came up to Quinn's locker and grabbed the books for her, ushering her back into the chair. That was when Quinn locked eyes with Kayla and the brunette attempted to busy herself while the older girl rolled over to confront her.

"Don't tell anyone, please. I—I'm getting my feeling back and I can stand now, but not for long and not without something to hold onto. So, please, just keep this between us." Quinn pleaded with her and it was the first time Kayla had ever felt how much she meant it. Usually their conversations ended in tears and yelling, but this was genuine. She was begging.

Kayla nodded immediately and gave a comforting smile. "This is our secret. I promise."

Quinn waved her down and outstretched her arms. Kayla tensed when she bent down to hug her, but she slowly softened when Quinn rubbed her back and thanked her for keeping her secret.

They parted minutes later with smiles and for the first time, Kayla was happy after a conversation with Quinn. She walked down the hall to go to glee practice where Mr. Schuester announced they would be performing for the prom again and everyone groaned, most especially when Brittany announced the theme was dinosaurs. Blaine basically burst into tears when she said hair gel was banned.

Kayla wasn't so much worried about the theme or even the fact they'd have to perform again this year. She was focused on how in the hell she was supposed to ask Ollie to the prom. She was sure the blonde just assumed they were already going together, but she wanted to make it special.

She leaned over to her and asked, "When's your next shift?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Tomorrow, why?"

"Just want to take you out after." Kayla smiled, kissing Ollie's cheek so as to not tip her off. She was going to give her girlfriend the promposal of the year.

←⧪→

Kayla was on the stage at the Lima Bean while Ollie was making somebody's coffee behind the counter. She tapped the microphone, gaining everyone's attention including her girlfriend's. She chuckled softly into the mic, seeing Ollie's wide eyes looking back at her. It wasn't her usual gig night, so she was just a little bit confused, but Kayla liked that she always managed to surprise her.

"So, if you're a regular you know I don't usually gig on Tuesdays, but tonight is a special night because prom is next week and I have this smoking girlfriend. You see that blonde hottie behind the barista counter? I know, I'm lucky," she paused, watching Ollie try to hide her face in her hands as she blushed a deep red.

"Anyway, last week was our anniversary and she told me that this was the first song she ever heard me sing right on this stage before I even knew who she was, so tonight I want to dedicate this song to her and maybe ask her to the prom?" Kayla grinned, seeing Ollie shake her head fondly as she smiled right back at her.

< adore you, harry styles >

Kayla laid her hands on the keys as she began playing. "Walk in your rainbow paradise. Strawberry lipstick state of mind. I get so lost inside your eyes. Could you believe it? You don't have say you love me. You don't have to say nothing. You don't say that you're mine, honey."