13. ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN ☑️

CHAPTER THIRTEEN |
anything could happen

***

KAYLA ALREADY WASN'T looking forward to Mr. Schuester and Miss Pillsbury's wedding. That feeling increased tenfold when in the matter of twenty-four hours Tina had revealed she basically assaulted Blaine in his sleep and now Finn had kissed Miss Pillsbury. Being the unofficial mother of the glee club, she knew these problems were only hers to solve. She gathered both parties into the choir room, locking the door so that no one could walk in or hear their conversation.

Tina and Finn were sitting facing the opposite direction, so when she walked up behind them, she made sure to hit them both upside the head. "What the fuck is wrong with you two?"

They both winced as she looked up at them, rubbing the backs of their heads from the impact. Before either party could say a word, she began ranting, her feelings too jumbled at the moment to even listen to an excuse. She started with Tina.

"You—what were you thinking? That's assault, T. You assaulted him." Kayla's words bit hard into Tina as she watched the slightly older girl grimace.

"I—" Kayla cut her off again, this time turning to Finn.

She pointed her finger in his face. "And you—Miss Pillsbury? Your bestie's fiancé? Are you stupid?" Finn didn't attempt to defend himself. He rather looked at the ground and avoided her gaze.

Once Kayla felt like most of the annoyance had left her body and she said most of what she wanted to say, she took a deep breath and looked at them. "Look, I'm not mad. Disappointed and annoyed, yes, but I'm not mad at all. I just—you have to apologize, both of you. You have to tell Mr. Slut and you owe Blaine a lifetime of apologies. Do you understand me?"

They both barely had the gall to look her in the eye, so she repeated the phrase. "Do you understand me?"

"Yes, ma'am." the chorus of the voices blended in the affirmation and a smile made its way to Kayla's face. "Good. Now go."

Finn and Tina quickly got out of their seats and raced out of the choir room, not before Finn nearly fell trying to push open a locked door. She let out a breathless laugh, looking at her disaster for friends as she rested her hands on her hips and contemplated what it might mean for her to be taking this so hard. She was very disappointed in them, but she also felt like she was just taking her frustrations out on them. She was so stressed out all the time now. She was much more likeable last year when she wasn't hopelessly pining after someone. She just needed to get laid.

←⧪→

Kayla was sitting next to Ryder in his history class. She passed this class two years ago, but it was her free period and Ryder had so graciously let her in on his and Jake's little plan to serenade Marley and she couldn't resist watching in. Ryder's legs were shaking every five seconds and he was tapping his pencil on the desk in excitement. Kayla was rolling her eyes at him while Marley was berating him and asking how much caffeine he'd had today.

Jake strolled into the room decked out in a red suit. She winked at him as Ryder said his lines in the most uncomfortable voice Kayla had ever heard. "Jake, what are you doing? Are you really standing up in front of everyone to sing and prove your love for Marley?"

She laid a hand on his shoulder and pulled him closer so she could whisper in his ear. "Don't go into acting, babe."

He chuckled, kissing her cheek before he got out of his seat and unzipped his jacket, revealing a pink-tinted ruffled button-up with a bow tie. She couldn't help grinning as she looked at him before she did her own thing and stood up out of her chair, reaching for Marley's hand.