16. HOME ☑️

CHAPTER SIXTEEN |
home

WARNINGS: graphic depictions of an eating disorder and conversations of anorexia and body insecurity. please don't read if this is a trigger. love you all 💗

***

KAYLA HAD MADE a point of completely ignoring Rachel for the last week. Not necessarily on purpose, but more so because she was so busy. She had Cheerios practice everyday along with glee rehearsals and overall regular school. She was moving on and up with everything so much so that she didn't have time to deal with Rachel's stupid drama.

Everyone on the cheer team was sat on the bleachers, listening to Coach Sylvester rant on and on about some journal piece someone was going to be writing on her and the Cheerios at Friday's pep rally.

"Alright ladies and lady boys, I got a list of names of uglies I need to come to my office after this sad sack show: Santana, Brittany, Aretha, Lady Hummel, and Rexy."

Kayla sighed, trying to hide her face as Sue called out her nickname. It was that evil name that Dakota Stanley called her earlier on in the year and she had to assume that Sue was in on it because she'd been calling Kayla that name ever since. For some reason, the nickname had less of an effect on her when Sue said it. Maybe it was because Sue insulted everyone and aside from the Unholy Trinity, they all had nicknames. Maybe it was because Sue judged literally everyone, so she knew she wasn't the only one being singled out.

Kayla walked with Kurt and Mercedes to Coach Sylvester's office while Santana and Brittany trailed behind them, whispering sweet nothings to each other. Everyone knew something was going on with them. It was common knowledge that Brittany had absolutely no preference on her sexual partners. She had slept with pretty much every guy in this school. Santana, on the other hand, pretty much switched between dating Matt and Puck. She made sure that she seemed straighter than straight, but Kayla could see behind all her vicious words and sarcasm, Santana was at her happiest when she was with Brittany. Still, it didn't look like either party were quite ready for coming out and surely they were still on the casual side of things in their friendship. Kayla wasn't ever going to push it. She knew what it was like to be outed. She was going to wait for them to come to her.

Santana and Brittany picked up their pace and quickly sat down in the chairs in Sue's office. Kayla sighed, her and the rest of the group being left to stand up behind the two cheerleaders sitting down.

Sue leaned back in her chair. "Here's the deal, Katy Perry tweens. You all need to lose ten pounds by the end of the week. You're fattening up so much Lady Hummel's cheeks look like a nice buttered up corn on the cob."

"Brittana here are gonna mentor you through your cleanse cycle and make you look less like an exotic dinner at a shady Mexican restaurant."

Kayla could feel her blood boiling again. Here she was, once more, listening to someone tell her that she needed to lose some weight and with all the work she had done to overcome her eating disorder, she was not about to go to that ugly place again.

She took a deep breath and thought about her next words carefully. She knew a bad choice of words could end in her being not only kicked off the Cheerios but possibly suspended. Sue had a lot of power at this school, but instead of letting out her eloquent paragraph about the harm of perpetuating body image and eating disorders, she ranted.

"Sue, you're kind of a bitch." she noticed how Sue's face slightly twitched as the words reached her, but she kept going.

"You're rude, judgemental and very possibly came from the stone age. Never tell me or anyone in this room, hell, anyone in this school how much weight they need to lose. Especially not for a cheer article that exactly no one cares about other than you. In fact, I think having Cheerios of all shapes and sizes and colors and religions would actually be a lot more interesting, but fuck all what I have to say right? I'm just a short Rexy."