18. GIRLS LIKE GIRLS ☑️

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN |
girls like girls

***

KAYLA WAS TALKING to Tina when she heard the worst thing to ever come out of Puck's mouth. "Damn girl, you got more curves than a Nissan ad." Puck drawled out, turning to face Mercedes purely to give her the worst pick up line Kayla had ever heard in her life.

Kayla smacked Puck's arm, jolting him from his position to rub the wound. "Hey, what gives?"

Kayla whispered harshly. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

Puck rolled his eyes, "I'm flirting with the black cheerleader."

Kayla glared at him and he was beginning to understand that it wasn't a playful glare when she smacked him once more. "Her name is Mercedes and you've been in the same glee club for like five months."

Puck stared at her blankly for a moment before muttering, "Huh. The more you know."

Kayla rolled her eyes, leaning back in her chair. "You're such a jerk."

Puck chuckled. "You totally love it." Kayla grimaced playfully, trying to push him away from her as rehearsal was about to start.

Yesterday Rachel admitted that she was a snitch and ratted them all out to Mr. Schue about their lack of effort. So maybe Kayla had been mouthing the words more often. It wasn't like Mr. Schue ever gave her a solo. She only got that duet during Sectionals because Rachel asked her to and she was basically forced into becoming April Rhodes' understudy because she called him out on his favoritism. The fact was that Mr. Schue didn't give a flying fuck about you unless your name was Rachel or Finn (and even lately, Finn had been replaced by Jesse).

Mr. Schue made another lesson to make everyone feel included, but it was mainly to make himself feel less guilty about how much he doesn't include his other students. Everyone had to sing a song that currently explains how they're feeling right now and to say that Kayla was over it would be an understatement.

Rachel immediately raised her hand to perform her piece. Kayla rolled her eyes at the action. Sure, Kayla was still madly in love with the psychopath, but this week she just wanted to smack her. Her attraction to Rachel really just depended on the week.

Kayla zoned back into reality about halfway through Rachel's speech.

"...my lackluster teammates that refuse to carry their own weight."

It was when Rachel started singing that it was the first time the whole room was actually listening to her and not because of her talent. Kayla quirked an eyebrow when Rachel sang out of tune the first time and by the next line she was trying to disguise her laughter by hiding in Puck's shoulder.

Mr. Schue stopped Rachel about halfway through and told her that she had laryngitis. Kayla couldn't help the laughter that left her.

"May I say this has been a great lesson, Mr. Slut. I've definitely learned the errors of my ways."

Kayla had taken to calling Mr. Schuester that since last week when Ms. Pillsbury called him that in the teacher's lounge. He glared at her every time she did it, but Kayla would take all the detentions in the world just to call her teacher a whore everyday.

←⧪→

The next day, the performances really began. Somehow, someway, Mercedes had started to fall for Puck's horribly cheesy pick-up lines and they were now a couple which, for some reason, was threatening to Santana. It was probably because Puck was really the only thing standing between the truth that Santana wasn't into men and if she didn't have her big gay beard anymore, everyone would know how much she was in love with Brittany.