Ch.26: Hope

(Reasons To Stay by: Kate Vogel)

Three Weeks Later...

Y/N POV

Coma dream

I gasped and then shielded my eyes from the bright light. It smelled like smoke so I sat up, only to see the city on fire. My eyes widened and I looked at myself only to see I was fine.

I then looked around and it looked so cloudy, like a dream. I then looked to the right as I heard a soft humming and saw my mother.

I felt myself freeze as I stared at her. She had the same beautiful hair as me and her skin was clean and soft. She had light green eyes mixed with yellow that glowed so beautifully

She wore a nice summer dress, the same one she wore when she died. It was her cover to be a single lady near a shop so she could watch me and grayson complete our mission.

"Mom..." I called out

She still hummed and sang softly as she looked out at the flames and smoke. I got up and ran to her but an invisible force stopped me from going to her.

"Mom!!" I called

She turned her head to me gently and looked at me. My eyes teared up and I cried.

"Mom I'm so so sorry! I was supposed to protect you, I didn't know he was here!" I cried," Now I don't even know what I'm doing! I don't know if I'm dead or if I should even continue living!"

I crashed to my knee's and just cried.

"What am I doing wrong?" I asked

I stayed there for awhile and cried to her, hoping for an answer.

"I should have hugged you tighter and longer the last time I hugged you..." She said, her voice soft and sweet," But you my sweet girl are stronger than you think. You don't need me for your decisions, just in the shadows right by your side."

Her hand picked up my head and I looked at her.

"You don't need me, you need your F-word." She said sweetly

"My...what?" I asked confused

She motioned her head behind me and I slowly turned around. I was in a hospital bed, The BBS were  by my side along with my family and they were all looking at me with sadness and little hope.

"Y/N c'mon...do something..." Smitty begged

"You've been in a coma for three weeks now." My mom said," I may not be there anymore but they are. Go to them."

I looked at them all and then was helped up.

"Besides those gang boys are very amusing with how much they love you!" My mom said," And there's no end to it, they really are in love with you so treat them right!"

"Wait! What-"

I was suddenly knocked out and felt myself feel alive...

Reality

I slowly woke up and a bright light blinded me as I heard gasps.

"Y/N! Hey! How do you feel??" Grayson asked

I looked at everyone for a moment then closed my eyes and sighed.

"Ya know, in another life I think I was in a mental institution." I said as I sat up