8 Letters (Young! Sirius x Reader)

Start from the beginning

"I like you too, Sirius", Y/N mumbles. Sirius smiles and shyly takes her hand in his. 

"So, will you do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?"

"Yes, I will be your girlfriend."

I've said those words before but it was a lie
And you deserve to hear them a thousand times

"We've been dating for 6 months, and we still haven't said I love you yet!", Sirius groans, flopping down on his bed. 

"It takes time, Sirius", Remus says, not looking up from his book, "You both have to feel like it's the right time."

"I've never seen you like this", James comments, "So worked up and scared of a girl."

"That's because Y/N isn't like those other girls, Prongs! She means the world to me!"

If all it is is eight letters
Why is it so hard to say?
If all it is is eight letters
Why am I in my own way?
Why do I pull you close?
And then ask you for space
If all it is is eight letters
Why is it so hard to say? (Woah, oh yeah)

"We've been dating for 6 months, and we still haven't said I love you yet!", Y/N groans, flopping face down on her bed.

"It takes time, Y/N", Lily says, not looking up from his book, "You both have to feel like it's the right time. I mean James and I didn't say I love you until last week."

"I've never seen you like this", Marlene comments, "You were never like this when you were dating Malfoy."

"That's because I never loved Malfoy", Y/N replies, "He doesn't mean anything to me, while Sirius is my whole world." Marlene gags causing both Y/N and Lily to throw pillows at her. 

When I close my eyes
It's you there in my mind
When I close my eyes

Sirius sighs dreamily as he watches Y/N chase after the snitch. 

"Sirius! Look out!", Remus yells. Sirius looks up in time to dodge his brother. Regulus zooms off after Y/N. 

"Thanks for the heads-up, Moony!", Sirius yells, whacking a bludger. Remus rolls his eyes and whacks the other bludger. 

If all it is is eight letters
Why is it so hard to say?
If all it is is eight letters
Why am I in my own way?
Why do I pull you close?
And then ask you for space
If all it is is eight letters
Why is it so hard to say?

"Today's the day!", Sirius declares as he's getting dressed, "I'm going to look her in the eyes and say 'Y/N L/N, I love you!'." James gags as Remus shakes his head. 

"You are so fucking dramatic", he says, taking a bite of his chocolate bar. 

"It's not dramatic! It's romantic!"

"It's dramatic", James says crossing his arms. 

"Whatever! I'm going to go find my lovely girlfriend."

If all it is is eight letters
When I close my eyes
It's you there in my mind (It's only you)
When I close my eyes

"Guess who?" 

"Sirius." Sirius gasps and takes his hands off her eyes. 

"How did you know?" Y/N rolls her eyes as Sirius sits next to her on the bench. 

"Because you're Sirius and you always do stuff like that." Sirius sighs before looking into her eyes. 

"Can I tell you something?"

"Sure." Sirius takes a deep breath. 

"Y/N L/N, I-" He trails off. 

"This is some much harder then I thought!", he thinks, "Come on, Black! It's just 8 stupid letters!"

"Y/N L/N, I love you!" Y/N's eyes widen and she looks at the boy before her.

If all it is is eight letters
When I close my eyes
It's you there in my mind (you)
When I close my eyes

"I-" The words get stuck in her throat. 

"Damn it! It shouldn't be this fucking hard!", she thinks, "It's just 8 fucking letters!"

"You?", Sirius says, hopefully. 

"I-" He looks at her intently and hopefully. 

"I love you too, Sirius Black." Sirius beams and picks her up. He kisses her and spins her around. Their laughter fills the empty courtyard. 

If all it is is eight letters