14) Sneaking Off

Akazi

I made sure the coast was clear before I sneak out the harem, tiptoeing quietly through the palace halls. Bright red pillars of glassy ivory were my only shield to the few soldiers who stood guard.

I set off across the vast expanse of polished marble, keeping to the ornate rugs when possible to muffle my echoing steps.

"The Emperor will soon have to face reality. He will have to meet her face to face"

My heart leaps as I hear a hazy voice and company of footsteps approaching before I dash behind a thick wall. I peak around the corner to asses the commotion and observe a group of six men approaching. A few of them held up scrolls while two others held quills.

"The emperor must know of the recent developments" one older man advises. They all hum in agreement before venturing down the hallway on their quest to find him.

That's when I decided to find a room to hide. I mustn't get caught by those strange men or the emperor.

I walk through the hallways, sneaking and peering into every nook and room. It was the warmest room that took me by surprise. I was rather hesitant to step into it and explore until I hear the rapid footsteps of a passing guard.

My feet dash into its area and my hand presses against the dark wood of the door to close it shut. I would stay hidden until the footsteps disappear.

"Hiding from someone?" I felt my blood turn hot as I hear a familiar voice.
It wasn't him.
It couldn't be him.
He was the only person I was actively trying to avoid.

I lost all words in that moment.

My heel snaps to attention as I turn and face him. An invasive sight of rippling muscles greets my eyes. A relaxing bath of lavender scented oils and water cloaks his body.

(Imagine him with long hair!!)

He lifts his arms to each side of the bath, pressing a scraggly rag against his rippling chest. His demeanor looked better than when I last saw him.
He was mysterious, with deep dark pools of brown. They drank me in selfishly...intensively.

"Emperor" I bow, forcing my eyes to the floor. It looked as if I had ventured to the west wing of the palace where his royal quarters where.

"Rise" he said. His voice was low. I couldn't decipher it. Was he upset because I had intruded or happy to see me?

Slowly, I rise, tying my hardest to avert my gaze but it was very difficult.
He pauses, waiting for me to explain the reason for my appearance but my words could not form.

The waters were tinted red. It looked deathly.
He lifts a palm to the air letting blood drip down his arm. It looked painful. I knew he wounded himself... but I was too frightened to ask.

"They said running a dynasty was easy" He curses, lifting up his wounded palm. Thick red blood still dropped from it's outermost layer. It looked like his anger had got the best of him.

"Care to join?" He says rather coyly. I shake my head violently, feeling guilty for my intrusion.
A lazy chuckle parts his lips as he lifted his eyes to observe me.

"Well, in a few moments, a group of men will barge into this room with scrolls and quills and whatever news they will chose to impart. I suggest you make haste and join me?"

"Yes the emperor will not mind if we barge in !! We have scheduled our time!"

Oh no!
The voices of the men carry over the waters. I look around the room, cursing at the lack of niches to hide. Frantically I search, running every which way to find a place to conceal myself but it was hopeless.

The handle of the door jiggles before I finally decide to take fate into my own hands.

Meticulously, I peel off my robes, watching him carefully before letting it pool to the ground. His eyes cemented onto my body. I watched his eyes as they demanded my innocence.

I finally found my confidence and step into the waters, watching him before pulling my hair away.

He steps over to my figure, forcing my hands around his neck. His warm thumb parts my lips before an even warmer hand meets my nape.

He pulls my jaw into his hand before selfishly parting my lips with his and we kiss like two lovers forgotten.
We part and stare into each other's eyes.

"How long can you hold your breath?" He whispers against my lips.

A mischievous smile greets my lips. "Two minutes" I tease. He smiles and nods.
I don't know why but his smile made him appear more approachable, more handsome. 

——

Xiang

I made sure to inform the advisers of my sanctioned time to relax but of course, duties to the dynasty came first.

I was excited to indulge in just a little bit of relaxation to clear my mind but little did I know of the interruption that would greet me.

My heart was at ease as I saw my beautiful Daiyu enter the room.

Her dark brown orbs cements onto mine as she timidly stands near the door to my bath house.

"Hiding from someone?" I ask her. She had purposely ventured far from the hóugōng. I was sure she was aware of the rules?

My advisers would barge in and unless she wanted to be discovered, she better hide.

A beautiful hue of obsidian flesh greeted my sight as she peeled her robes away. An unnatural, almost ethereal glow dripped over her like honey. My eyes didn't know where to linger. From her curly tresses to her sun kissed skin, my eyes were impatient to drink her in.

"Care to join me?" I could tell she hadn't been with a man before. Her timidity proved it.

Only a few minutes remained until my advisers barged in and I knew this was the only way for her to hide.

"How long can you hold your breath?" I whisper against her plump lips.

A mischievous smile joins her lips. "2 minutes" She teased. She could probably last longer but I didn't care to risk it.

Two minutes I would give her.