Oct 27, 1st Committee meeting

Start from the beginning

"Let's t'row da biggest party ever," Wike suggested.

"Not to sound like a bitch, Wike, but shut the fuck up," Matty chirped.

"This is a serious agenda item that has to be addressed. Bill and I have some ideas, but we want to get the input of the new committee."

She looked around.

"So, we are open to suggestions."

Harriette Tucker was the first to speak.

"Dere bes a lot of ways dis could go, as Ise sees it. Wes cud splits da money up amongst da people of da Bay, givin' a little more to dem what were affected da most, but da way Ise sees dat, is dat it cud jest make tings worst."

"And 'ow does you sees dat?" Billy Rideout asked.

"Well, Billy. Let's jest say we does split da money up. First wese 'as to decide 'ow much people like me Uncle 'enry and Matty gits and even me. We was da tree dat got da worst of all dis. And Uncle 'enry da worst of all.

So we splits da rest up and den. It bes gone. Youse knows as well as Ise do dat most of it will be pissed away."

"'ow can youse say dat?"

Harriette looked at Wike.

"'ow much youse got left from da money dat youse got from Bill?"

"Well Ise 'ad bills to pay and such."

"Youse went out and bought a new truck and shit like dat. Like a lot of da people's did.

Wese bes a great bunch, but wese not used to 'avin' a lot of money. Wes will jest spend it, waste it and it bes gone."

"What do youse suggest Harriette?" Chelsea Dove wondered.

"Ise tinks dat da money shud be used for the whole Bay. Dr. Nick is still in need of some new equipment and dere be talk of a new ambulance fer the village."

Harriette looked at Bill and Matty.

"And Bill and Matty 'as invested a fuckin' fortune in da Bay and Ise be pretty sure dat dey 'ave gots fuck all back, so far."

"Bill and I are fine, Harriette," Matty assured her.

"Don't worry about us and as far as my personal retribution for the assholes that came into my home, well, Nanny Dove looked after them."

"Ise 'eard dey still bes in da looney bin in St. John's," Wike laughed.

Mac Dove raised his hand.

"Can Ise speaks?"

"Go ahead, Mac."

"Ise kind of agrees with what Harriette is saying. We has a lot of shit on the go right now, what wit da new motel and such and the expansions of Tucker's Motel and da gas station and the village center. And all dat costs money and we has spent a lot of money, paying a lot of overtime to get these jobs done as quick as we could."