14|Survival Night Ends

Caleb

I finally use my sword to tear my way out of the basilisk.

Sebastian that idiot only waved me goodbye while it swallowed me. He even had a smile on his face. What a sadistic human being.

I'm positive he's still alive. Maybe he's killed half of the creatures in this forest already. The level of his power is out of control. It's why the basilisk targeted me instead of him.

I hate him so much.

I step out of the water and flap out my wings then I start to hear noises coming from a close part of the forest. I walk towards the noise and past some trees to see a werewolf battling a manticore. The wolf has one of the manticore's tail spikes launched into its leg and it's struggling to get up as the manticore approaches.

That idiot! He's going to die

I swoop in and snatch the boy's arm before zooming into the air. "My prey,"the manticore growls.

I personally feel these creatures are really creepy. With the head of a man, body of a lion and tail of a scorpion. Worst of all is they can speak.

I look over my shoulder and it's flying right behind me. Shit shit shit

It launches three of its tail spikes at me. One of them rips through my left wing. Wow that hurt so bad.

I spot a part of the forest that's burning and head into that direction. If I'm correct, Manticores are weak to fire. And it proves me right when it flies away realizing where I'm heading.

I roughly land and start to gasp for air.

The werewolf I was holding on to pulls the spike out of its leg and reverts to its human form— a boy I see around camp. Then he hobbles up to me and takes the spike out of my wing before tossing it away.

"Thanks,"I cough out and shut my eyes. I've never been so exhausted in my entire life. "Thomas,"he says and offers me a hand. "Caleb,"I reply and get up.

He starts to sniff around. "There's something wrong."

"What?"

"I've picked up a familiar scent,"he continues sniffing.

"Who's that?"

He pauses and clenches his fists. "Pumpkin man."

Penny

Five of us stand before Ed.

Only three of us know what this man is capable of.

"This will be so much fun,"he grins.

"What makes him think he's strong?"Nicole asks with a grimace. "He is,"I reply. "We've met him before."

"And so?"Nicole rolls her eyes. "In one glance his mind is mine."

"Confident children!"he applauds. "Are you ready to fight me?"

"Sure,"Valerie replies and pulls out her sword. "Perfect,"he growls. "But first... A suitable battleground."

He claps his hands together making an impact that pushes all the trees 20 feet back to give us a suitable space to battle. Then he snaps his fingers, setting all the trees on fire.