8|Is it halloween?

I stare at this guy not prepared for what he's about to ask me for.

"Go on a date with me,"he says with a wide grin.

"What?"I ask again.

"You clearly can't afford the book... So go on a date with me... You're really pretty,"he smirks.

I turn to Circe for for help but she shrugs.

"Okay,"I reply.

"Great... Where do you stay?"he asks.

"Ca--"

"None of your business,"Circe interferes. "We can always meet you here."

He glares at her before turning back to me. "Suit yourself then."

I awkwardly nod. "So what time?"

"Nine."

"Okay... I'll be here."

Circe drags me away and leads me out of the store.

"What's wrong with you?"I ask her with a raised eyebrow. "Is he your ex?"

"No... You don't just go around telling strangers where you live."

"What's the worst that could happen?"

"That's the point... We don't know."

"I thought camp had a protection barrier."

"Who knows how well it works."

I roll my eyes. "Let's just go."

We take a stroll back to the tree we left in. "So you mean this tree is just here for anyone who wants to walk in."

"Only we that attend the camp can see and use it."

"Oh... Cool."

We get back to camp and to our cabin. There's still blood and fingers on the wooden tiles. I heave a sigh and drop the box on my bed. "How are we going to clean this up?"I groan.

She laughs and picks up her wand. "I'm a witch."

In a second the mess is gone. I'm still not used to magic in my life. I walk into the bathroom and find myself in front of the mirror. I look so pale and my hair isn't as lustre as usual.

I take off my clothes and get into the shower. My initial plan was to spend thirty minutes in here but it's immediately cut short.

"Penny get out here!"I hear a voice yell. It's probably Harper's but God knows what's making her so excited.

I quickly wash my hair and use another layer of soap on my body before I decide to rinse it off and get out.

I open the door and meet Harper jumping up and down. Oliver is ensconced in my bed with a poster next to him. "There you are,"he smirks and sits up.

"We're going to the carnival,"Harper says.

"Why?"I ask.

"While I was at the arcade yesterday... A random guy handed me this poster,"Oliver holds up the piece of paper. "It's always night time there."

"How?"

"The place is bewitched,"he says. "You're coming right?,"he asks.

My cheeks warm up and a smile creeps unto my face. "Uh... sure... Just give me a moment to dress up."

"We're at the exit tree,"he says.

Harper comes to my side and brings her mouth to my ear. "I'll make sure that hot guy comes."