Seventeen

--Mitch--

I walked in the house and found Andrew on the couch. Joel nowhere to be seen, "Hey Andrew."

"Hi daddy! I'm watching Spongebob."

"I see that. Where's dad?"

"I don't know. I didn't know if he was here."

"Wow." I sighed and kissed Andrew on the forehead before going upstairs.

I walked into the bedroom and didn't see Joel. I checked every room before going back downstairs, "Dad hasn't called?"

"No one has." I sat down next to Andrew on the couch and watched Spongebob with him until the door flew open around Andrew's bedtime.

"Joel. Where have you been?"

"Out. None of your damn business." He stomped through the house and went upstairs. I heard our bedroom door slam shut.

"Let's go to bed, bud." I turned off the tv and picked Andrew up. I walked into his room and set him down to get his pjs, "Do you want Monsters Inc. or Finding Nemo?" I asked him when he was starting to remove his shirt.

"Nemo, daddy!" I helped him get his clothes off and put on his Finding Nemo pjs then tucked him in.

"Can daddy tell you something, Andrew?"

"Yes he can." I pulled out the ultrasound photo from my pocket and handed it to him, "What is it daddy?"

"There's a baby there."

"Where is that baby?"

"In my tummy."

"You're pregnant daddy?"

"I am. But you cannot tell dad. Okay?"

"Okay. I understand daddy. I won't tell him ever."

"Good. I love you Andrew."

"I love you too daddy. And baby." He said, touching my belly. I smiled at him and then kissed his forehead, shutting of his light and leaving the room.