Two

--Mitch--

I have an interview today for a new job. I just moved to LA because of my husband's job. We move a lot but this is supposed to be more long term so I'm trying to get a good job. It's hard though because we have a 5 year old son. We have a babysitter for him now though so I can actually make money because he started school this fall.

"Andrew. Come eat your breakfast sweetie so you can catch the bus." My son came down the stairs and sat in a chair.

"Thanks daddy." He said as I set down his bowl of cereal.

"You're welcome honey." I kissed the top of his head and went back into the kitchen.

I was making coffee when I felt arms wrap around my waist, "Hi hubby." Joel, my husband, whispered in my ear.

"Hey." I turned my head to kiss him quickly then returned back to the coffee.

"Coffee huh? Do I get some too?" He asked as I walked over to the fridge.

"Of course. Why would I make a whole pot for myself?"

"Well I didn't know. You usually like things in big portions so." I scoffed and closed the fridge, returning back to Andrew.

"Daddy will get your bowl. Go get your shoes on bud." I ruffled his hair as he ran past me.

"I can drive him today." Joel stated as I got my shoes on.

"He always rides the bus, Joel. It's easier for all of us."

"It was just an offer."

"It's not like you wanna actually spend time with your son." I mumbled under my breath, unfortunately loud enough for him to hear.

"What was that?!" Joel screamed at me.

"Nothing." I grabbed my scarf and jacket and ran out the door after grabbing my keys.
-
"Mitch McCormick?" The receptionist called.

"That's me." I stood up from the very uncomfortable chair and walked up to her desk.

"I'll tell Mr. Hoying you're here."

"Thank you."

"Follow me." She stood up and walked to a hall full of big brown doors. She went to the last one on the right and I followed her till she stopped and held her hand up to me. I stopped as she opened the door and peeked her head inside.

She came back out and smiled at me. She didn't say anything so I just stood there waiting for her to tell me when to go in.