EPISODE NINE: IGNITE

He flinched in surprise at your sudden appearance. BadBoyHalo was not expecting you to leave your cottage with iron equipment, and then return with a full set of diamond armor. On the other hand, you seemingly perked up at the sight of him. You join the voice call he was in and make sure that your microphone is connected to the correct device before approaching him. "Hello" Technoblade's monotone voice greets BadBoyHalo's ears, then he hears a voice of his own "you muffin head!"

Ah, right. He almost forgot about that soundboard Skeppy had given you yesterday. The soundboard included various audio clips of your friends, and you have been using it ever since. Unlike with Skeppy, BadBoyHalo was not annoyed by your soundboard. He was only glad that you had finally found a way to communicate with others. To be frank, he even thought it was comical sometimes — how abruptly the voices would switch from a deep voice like Technoblade's to Skeppy's high-pitched screaming.

You walk over to your chests and organize the ores you found during your short mining session. "My little muffin," he ran to your side, "you're back! Oh my goodness, you have diamond armor already? You were only away from the cottage for about twenty minutes!" Just like while playing Phasmophobia, he continues to remain by your side, patiently waiting for your reply.

thank you for taking care of my cottage and my pets while i was away.

"Oh! You're welcome. It's the least I can do for my little muffin! If anything, I should be the one thanking you. After all, you're the one who made this entire animal sanctuary in the first place!"

You were not sure how to respond to that. You don't think you really did anything for BadBoyHalo to be thankful for. You don't even think you deserve him to be thanking you. He gasped loudly in realization, preventing you from thinking any further. "Also, do you mind showing me around your cottage for a bit? I saw that you built more rooms in the cottage, and I wanted to check them out with you." He pauses before hurriedly adding onto his statement, "With your permission, of course!"

You hesitantly hover your mouse over the one button on your soundboard with the loudest voice clip. It was the only way to respond to his question. Plus, Skeppy gave this soundboard to you, so you might as well use it. You lower your volume before clicking on the snippet of Skeppy yelling obnoxiously loud, "YES!"

BadBoyHalo didn't respond. You didn't . . . what's it called again? Oh, right. You didn't anger him, did you? You were conflicted. Silence is usually a peaceful thing for you. Then, why is this silence so deafening? You can hear wisps of words in your head. You knew this silence was devouring your thoughts. You hoped that you did not anger him. You can clearly recall the day when you angered someone. From that day onward, you knew never to do such a thing again-

He breaks the seemingly never-ending silence as he bursts out into a soft, yet uncontrollable fit of giggles. "I'm- I'm sorry." His sentences split into separate pieces as his giggles turn into laughter. "Y-your soundboard-" he began, "It's just- Each time you use it- The voices change so randomly- Pfft- It's funny!" The tension in your body gradually decreases, and your thoughts stop whispering to you. Perhaps you were just overthinking things.

Despite the fact that the only light illuminating your bedroom is the dim light of your laptop, you swore you could see the darkness get a little brighter.

With a click of a button, you play a voice clip of Tubbo saying, "Go this way, this way, this way!" BadBoyHalo happily obliges. He follows you around, practically glued to your side as you introduce him to each new room you had built for your cottage. It was an animal sanctuary after all. Having multiple rooms means it would be easier to organize all the materials and pets you have at your disposal.