EPISODE ONE: DEBUT

To say your friends were excited was an understatement. They were estatic. They would not stop talking about how you all got accepted into the championship, the content creators they will meet, possible strategies they could use, predictions for who will win-- it was obvious that they held a great feeling of anticipation for the event.

You, on the other hand, was tired. That's all. Pulling a series of all-nighters combined with taking hours to edit your friend's viewer team application took a toll on your health, both mentally and physically. For the most part, you could barely pay attention to what your friends were babbling on about and overall felt exhausted. Your eyes begged for sleep, but you refused. 

"Y/N."

The call of your name broke your dazed state. You blinked your eyes in a brief moment of sleepy confusion before quickly typing into the group chat. yeah?

You heard Marianne let out a sigh. "Y/N, I've been calling your name for the last minute or so. When was the last time you had proper sleep? You better not be staying awake for more than twenty-four hours again. Everyone here knows that is not good for your health."

You were a straightforward person. You never saw the need to lie or make up excuses as Holly does. You were honest, even brutally honest at times. Although it made you seem like a rude person, you simply did not understand the point of lying and your friends knew they could always rely on your honesty. Hence, being the blunt individual you are, you typed, i haven't slept in 72 hours. maybe more. i'm not sure. 

Holly whistled. "Damn, Y/N! You've already broken my personal record." She laughed. "The longest I've lasted is forty-eight. Tell me, how do you do it? How do you even keep those eyes of yours open for that long? Are you secretly nocturnal or something?"

"Holly." Marianne hissed. "Don't encourage them. You should be concerned. Y/N, you stayed up all night editing our application video that one day, didn't you? The championship event starts tomorrow, you should definitely get some rest beforehand. You'll feel better after you wake up, trust me. Then you will be able to concentrate more and earn us some points in the championship. You don't want to perform badly because you're sleep deprived, do you? Now, shoo. Go get some sleep."

Before you could reply, Holly piped up with a response of her own. "Yeah, Y/N! If you don't leave this Discord voice call right now, I'll scream into my microphone until you leave and sleep. Not only will it hurt your ears, but it will hurt Kiki's and Marianne's ears and my vocal chords too! I'm going to count to three. One, two, three-"

You clicked off the voice call. You would gladly prefer to sleep before hearing Holly screech into her microphone and damage her vocal chords even more. You shut your laptop down and as soon as you reached your bed, you collapsed into the warmth and comfort it provides. You sighed in exhaustion before falling into a peaceful slumber.

.

.

.

Marianne was right. When you woke up, it was already in the middle of the afternoon but you felt extremely relieved. Immediately, you went over to your laptop to check what your friends were up to, not bothering to brush your hair or take care of your hygiene. Seeing that they were already in a voice call, you joined and typed a simple greeting into the chat. hello.

"Well, maybe Green Guardians will win this championship. I know Blue Bats has fruitberries and all, but I'm pretty sure Sapnap has been improving, George has been practicing a lot and-" Kiki paused in her banter when she noticed your presence. "Oh, hi Y/N!" She was followed by Marianne and Holly greeting you as well.