PILOT: CASTING CALL

Feel free to skim over this chapter or skip it entirely.

This is here only as an introduction to Y/N and her friend's personalities. Y/N's friends, for the most part, will not be big characters besides at the beginning of the story. They're necessary in order to progress the plot further, especially since the plot starts with Y/N entering MCC as a viewer team with her friends. I know a lot of people hate OCs in fanfictions like these, and I get that. 

I'm not sure if you guys would like to see Y/N's friend group later appear in the story a couple of times, but if you do, just let me know. -The Author

You were not enthusiastic about a lot of things. Your friends knew that very well. The fact that you even accepted your friend group's invitation to audition together for the next Minecraft Championship surprised them greatly. Nothing seemed to entertain you, and they all knew it would be a rare sight to see if you ever found something you were genuinely interested in. But they figured you must have had some interest in joining their team if you agreed to it in the first place.

"Y/N, Y/N!"

Kiki. That's the name of the girl currently screaming your name into your ears. Kiki's personality, if anything, is the complete opposite of yours. If you had to write one sentence to perfectly describe her, it would be that she is the human embodiment of sunshine. But she is sensitive. Her naivety allows her to have an optimistic outlook on life and when that optimism is shattered by the harsh truth of reality, she becomes easily distressed and loses her temper. She acts like a child at first glance -- cheerful and oblivious, yet emotional -- but that is what makes her so great. She has always been there for you and she does not hesitate to brighten up anybody's day. Even you have to admit that she is an absolute sweetheart.

But at times, she can be ignorant. For example, her obnoxiously loud yelling. 

"Kiki. Calm down. Lower your volume a bit."

A calm voice greeted your ears. This voice belonged to your friend Marianne, of course. Out of all the people in your clique, Marianne is what people like to call the mom friend. With a gentle and comforting demeanor, she gives everyone the space and affection they need. She seems to be prepared for nearly every situation and is the one your friends immediately go to when seeking advice. Marianne is the reality check that Kiki did not ask for, but the reality check that Kiki needs. She is the only one who scolds Kiki for making reckless decisions. In return, Kiki always listens to her scolding. Marianne is also the only one who scolds Holly for encouraging such reckless decisions. Though, that doesn't mean Holly always listens . . . 

"I think Kiki should be allowed to speak as loud as she wants."

You could practically see the smug look fixated on Holly's face as you listened to her deep voice speak. Holly is that one friend who is always up to no good. She is impulsive and is careless when it comes to making decisions. Everything she does is in the spur of the moment. To put it simply, Holly is a reckless idiot. But she has good intentions. She is energetic and supportive and would definitely jump off a bridge with her friends without delay and that's what makes her so loveable. Holly does not listen to Marianne, instead she constantly argues with her and at times you can find it quite amusing. After all, opposites attract, and that's what ties this friend group together.

"It's fine, Holly. I probably shouldn't have spoken so loud, sorry Marianne. Sorry Y/N. But, at least I have your attention now! Do you mind hopping down onto our SMP server? We're going to start recording for our viewer team application."

You quickly type up a response. You were never comfortable with sharing your voice, but your friends, being the great people they are, respected that decision. how exactly is this going to work?