EPISODE THIRTEEN: CHAOS

Humans cannot even begin to comprehend the concept of true chaos. Humans thrive off of patterns, orders, laws, science — the idea that everything can be explained. It tricks the mind into thinking that everything has predictability and that everything has purpose. Humans are fooled into a false sense of safety. They somehow convince themselves to feel secure while accompanied by the deception of their own mind — illusions of confidence and certainty.

But sometimes, there is no pattern to follow. Sometimes there is no reason. No explanation. That is the breaking point of most. Their mind will not stop thinking. They will continue to try to understand; to make sense of it all. Because humans cannot bring themselves to accept true chaos. They are stubborn beings who will be stuck in an endless loop searching for reasons and answers for something that completely lacks logic, overworking their own minds in the process. The only answer to find is that humans cannot and will never understand chaos. Despite this fact, humans keep searching. They keep thinking. Their scientific beliefs of a reason being behind every occurrence in existence are far too strong for them to understand this. This is a normal reaction.

But you're not normal. You cause chaos — chaos in its purest form. Tommy and Tubbo know that.

"Y/U, you wanted to talk to us?" Tubbo asks, curious as he continues to adjust to his netherite armor. "It must be important, then. The revolution is happening today, after all." He anxiously shuffles through his inventory, double-checking on the items and equipment that he has decided to bring for this event. "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous myself."

Tommy lets out a scoff, his character leaning on one of the many spruce trees surrounding the three of you. "Well, it better be important. I didn't come all the way to this forest for nothing." His eyes sheepishly glance from you to Tubbo, and on his camera his face flushes in embarrassment. "Tubbo, why are you the one who's nervous? I'm the one that's underequipped here. All I got is this bow, Sapnap's sword, I don't even have a full set of netherite-"

remember what i told you.

"Huh?" Tubbo hums at your sudden interruption. "Sorry, I don't really remember- Oh!" He exclaims to himself in surprise as two fire resistance potions appear in your grasp, handing one to Tommy, and then handing one to him. He examines it carefully at eye level, allowing the item to dangle from his fingertips. "Y/U, you're giving us potions again? What's it for?"

keep these potions in your inventory at all times. do not use them unless i tell you to.

As if you were telling him a joke, Tommy snickers at your words. "What? This is what you wanted to give us? But, why?" He digs the potion into his pocket, putting it off to the side. "I appreciate the offer, but this is the revolution we're talking about. I doubt a fire resistance potion would do much when I don't even have any gear."

curious ones, aren't you? you two are always asking questions. it's not a bad thing, though. you both are eager for knowledge. knowledge is your greatest weapon, after all. oh, and Tommy? don't worry about your gear. i'm aware that a certain someone has something up their sleeve, and i have done everything in my power to ensure your safety. you'll be fine. but when the time comes, you'll know why you need to hold onto that potion.

the answer will be right above your heads.

You give them one last glance before retreating, your figure fading and becoming one with the darkness of the forest. "And they're already gone. I swear, sometimes Y/U appears and disappears out of nowhere." Tommy sighs, staring at the potion Tubbo holds in his hands. "I really don't get it. I just don't understand how their mind works. If they were trying to tell me something, I didn't understand what they meant at all."