Chapter 1 Home Sweet Home

The rain fell from the sky. The sky was grey and filled of clouds. The rain hit the roof of the car loudly. The woods surrounded the road. The soothing sound of classical and opera music played on the radio. Good to clear the mind.
    It was a was a long drive from London. But with the great view of the England country side made it worth it. Soon a gate emerged out from the woods. The car stopped. The driver took a moment and analyzed the gate. Soon the car moved again and turned to the gate. The driver got out and walked over to the gate.
                They looked at the gate carefully, analyzing it some more. They put their hand on the gate to feel the texture. After quickly examining the gate, the driver opened the gate so they could get through. The driver went back to the car and got in. They drove through the gate entrance. The road was kind of long. You couldn't really see the house yet from the gate.
     The car approached the house. It looked like a mansion. It might as well be one. The car slowed down and then parked in front of the house. It looked like no one has been here for awhile. The gardens in the front were unkept. Vines were starting to grow on the side of the house.
           The driver got out and looked at the house in awe. A crow flew by, cawing as it did. The driver took out their bags from the backseat and headed to the front door. The driver set the bags down and took out a key. They put the key in the lock and unlocked the front door. After opening the door the driver took their bags and went inside.
     The place had cobwebs and dust almost on every surface. The driver looked around. They set their bags down once more and then started to walk around. They placed their finger on surface and moved it along. Their finger was then covered in dust. They looked up. "Glad this place got a new housekeeper eh?" The driver said.
     Previously housekeepers went missing. Then soon everyone thought the place was cursed. So no one kept the house for almost a year. But curses are silly. Just stories to frighten people. "I better get to work." The driver said.
          They went into a room and noticed a record player. An old one. The looked around for records. Soon enough they were found. They took out one record and examined it. They put it on the record player and started it. The noise that came out was opera. Not bad the driver thought. It was quite loud though like the people who listened to it never had turned it down. Soon the driver got to work. Cleaning everything. Not once but twice. You could never be to sure.
         It took all day and get the first floor done. The driver didnt finish the first floor till after midnight. Classical music blared on the record player. The driver finished up in the kitchen. Throwing away rotten food. "Looks like I need to go shopping." They said looking in a freezer.
     After walking back to the foyer, the driver yawned. They picked up their bags and went into the pool room. The upstairs weren't cleaned yet so the driver couldn't sleep up there that night. The driver went back into the room they assumed was the study. They turned off the music and went back to the pool room. They laid down and went to sleep.
        The next morning the driver went shopping. It was a small shop. It used to be owned by a friend of the drivers. They put carrots into a basket. "You finding everything ok?" A guy said. Startled the driver jumped slightly. "Oh. I'm sorry. Yes I am." They said. "Are you new around here? I dont think I've seen you here before." He asked. "Sort of." They said as the continued to walk down the isle. The guy followed listening. "I grew up here but when I was about six years old my parents moved us to America." The driver said.
    "That's interesting. What made you come back?" The guys asked. "You know who used to own this shop?" The driver asked. "Yeah. Malcolm. He left because of something really strange happening." The guy said. "Yeah. He told me about it. I got curious. So I moved back here and got a job." The driver said. "What's the job?" The guy asked. "Housekeepers of the Heelshire house." The driver said. "What? That place? It's cursed." The guy said. "Pft. Curses aren't real. They're stories that scare people." The driver said. "Good point. So what's your name." The guy asked. "Razi. The names Razi. And yours?" Razi asked. "The names Seān Atkinson." Seān said. "Nice to meat you." Razi said putting a can of soup in the basket.
            "Since you live at the Heelshire house I could drop off your groceries from now on." Seān suggested. "That would be nice but i can do this myself. Thank you." Razi said. "Hey just an offer." He chuckled. Razi giggled slightly. She examined bread. Then she put it in the basket.
     They went back up to the counter. Seān said out the price and Razi paid. "Here's a little something from America." Razi said as she gave Seān an American quarter. "Wow thanks. It's not of any use though." He said jokingly. Razi giggled.
          She drove back to the house. When she got back she put the groceries away. "Better get cleaning upstairs." Razi said to herself. She went and turned on the music. She made sure it was loud enough to hear upstairs. Opera music played. Razi went upstairs. She took a deep breath as she stared at the painting. She walked up to it. She placed her hand on the boy in the painting. She then looked at the Heelshires. She sighed.
         She got to work. Cleaning everything in her sight. It took a very long time to clean the second floor. It was nighttime when she finished. She went downstairs and cooked herself some food. She cooked up a soup. She sat down at the table in the kitchen and ate the soup with some bread. She checked her phone. "No signal. Of course. I'll have to buy a router." Razi said. She heard footsteps coming from upstairs. She looked up. She got up and went to the stairs.
       "Hello?! Who's there?" She yelled out. There wasnt an answer. "I'm calling the police. Show yourself!" She called out. Again there was nothing. She ran to the phone. She called the police like she had said. A little while later the police came. They checked out the entire house. "There's no one here miss." The police officer said. "Thank goodness. I am so terribly sorry for dragging you guys out here. I could have sworn I heard footsteps. Maybe my ears were tricking me." Razi said. "It's alright miss. Just know you can't do this everytime you hear a noise." The officer said sincerely. "Yes officer. I swear I won't do this again unless I know for sure. Here as an apology." Razi said as she took out some money. "That's not necessary miss." The officer declined. "Oh ok." Razi said as she put the money back. The officers left. Razi sighed.
           She went back to cleaning. She climbed the stairs to the last floor she had to clean. She looked around the place. It was familiar to her in an odd way. She walked down the hall. She came across a bedroom. She jumped. A porcelain doll sat on the bed staring at her. It's hair was black. The skintone was pale white. It wore a suit. She let out a deep breath but was still freaked out by it. She walked over to it. The face of the dool was cracked. It looked like someone broke it. "Brahms." Razi said. She knelt down and stared at the doll. She brushed the hair to the side with her fingers.
           She looked at it. There was no dust and no cobwebs on the doll. She got up and stepped back. Freaked out by the fact it was already clean in an old unkept house. "I've heard all about what happened here. I knew Malcolm. He was a friend of mine. I'm not scared of you Brahms." She said as she covered the doll. She cleaned that room first. Only took her about an hour. Then she went onto the rest of the floor.
     The next morning Razi woke up in her arm. She was leaning on a chair while sitting down. She held a duster in her hand. She looked around. She was in the last room that needed cleaning. She only had a corner left to clean. She wiped her face and stood up. She went to the bathroom. She cleaned her face off and then cleaned her teeth. She grabbed her hair brush and took out her hair tie. She brushed her hair. She noticed something strange about her hair. She looked closely and it looked like something cut it. "What the?" Razi said as she looked at it. She went back to the room she fell asleep in. She looked around for any sign of her cut hair.
         "I'm going nuts here already." Razi said. She went back to cleaning the room. Soon enough the house was finished and finally clean. She went downstairs and into the kitchen. She looked around for food. "What?"she said confused. Some of the food was missing. She thought maybe animals got in. "You just got here Razi. This is ridiculous." She said.